New pedal from Strymon…

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• DoctorXDoctorX Frets: 366
    edited December 2023
    I haven’t tried the Strymon but I have recently had my first proper experience with a digital vibe in the form of the HX Stomp. It’s obviously not as good as my Weaver Midnight Vibe, but I’m surprised by how good it is and it’s making me rethink my previous “modulation must be analog” philosophy. I’m tempted to try out the Strymon as I think it might be decent, but there are plenty of other things I’d rather squander my money on at the moment, so it might be a while before I get to it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I did a video with it

I actually thought it had more character than the J rockett Univerb vibe/verb thing that was a real univibe...really nice and the "blend" option imparts a beautiful glassiness to the tone
  • JohnCordy said:
    I did a video with it

I actually thought it had more character than the J rockett Univerb vibe/verb thing that was a real univibe...really nice and the "blend" option imparts a beautiful glassiness to the tone
    Thanks John. It was actually your video that made me relook at it. I don’t use much modulation but it looks like it could be a versatile pedal not just for Univibe but for phasers as well. 

If you don’t need to return it to Strymon and want to let it go please let me know. 

• @rickd2112a ah balls so no new information from me sorry haha.

I've only got it on loan I'm afraid! But yeh preferred it to anything I've tried in the Helix world, hopefully some other folks here will be able to chime in!
  • I've also found this video by Antoine Michaud - 

From this and John's video it sounds like the UV can do far more than the traditional UniVibe sounds.