Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

UA Ox Stomp pedal released.

What's Hot
mrkbmrkb Frets: 6862
Looks interesting, but would be good to have had a headphone output for pedalboard home jamming.

OX Stomp Dynamic Speaker Emulator (uaudio.com)

Karma......
Ebay mark7777_1
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3876
    Weird product. So you need a separate amp modeller to run into it? That amp modeller will already have cab simulation no?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • I watched a few minutes of the Peach video and wasn't really sure who this was for. I couldn't be bothered to leave it on whilst I loaded the dishwasher so not me anyway. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6862
    I watched a few minutes of the Peach video and wasn't really sure who this was for. I couldn't be bothered to leave it on whilst I loaded the dishwasher so not me anyway. 
    So its definitely not aimed at people who load the dishwasher ;) ?
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • pedalopedalo Frets: 178
    Would love a new Ox Box but don’t see the point in this. 
  • Although I was waiting to see if UA would bring out an Ox 2, this could actually work for me. For quick recording my amps are running through a Fryette PS-2A and into then into the Apollo interface where I’m running an OK but limited speaker emulator. I think this could be a step up from that and sit between the PS and the Apollo input… 
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2750
    Looks like a good solution for the amp in a box pedals that don't include a speaker sim - like the origin revival drive so it would be a great pairing for those.    But no xlr output is very strange, I don't want to add a di box just get a signal to the desk. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mrkb said:
    I watched a few minutes of the Peach video and wasn't really sure who this was for. I couldn't be bothered to leave it on whilst I loaded the dishwasher so not me anyway. 
    I assume that rock stars have someone else do that for them. I’ve never seen Keith Richards with a packet of Fairy Platinum Lemon. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    I had the Ox Box and the stand out was the modelling and the reverb and fx. The weakest feature was the attenuator and likely the load box and certainly the size. Pair this with a reactive load box, or if you have one already and it makes a bit more sense.
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    It's for people who have an attenuator already I think. Torpedo have the Cab M which is the DSP bit of the Captor X
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17626
    tFB Trader
    It's basically an IR loader, reverb, EQ and compressor which is quite nice to have in one box.
  • Real amps don't have a line out. Hehehe
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16297
    edited September 2023
    It's basically an IR loader, reverb, EQ and compressor which is quite nice to have in one box.
    Today I'm doing some laundry. Got as far in the video as 'this does not use Impulse Responses.' See if I get any further...

Edit - yes on the EQ, reverb and compression. I guess someone has a use case for this but if I'd just bought one of the UA amp in a box pedals I might wonder why they are trying to sell me this as well. 
  • I am currently taking a line out from a Suhr reactive load (non IR) into an HX Stomp for cab sims, then straight into headphones. Doesn’t sound great to me so far, so I was a bit dismayed. This might be the ticket, but it would need to go into powered monitors or an interface…
  • BrioBrio Frets: 1846
    mrkb said:
    I assume that rock stars have someone else do that for them. I’ve never seen Keith Richards with a packet of Fairy Platinum Lemon. 
    I have. He was however snorting it. Explains a lot.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Looks good to me. Its stereo, has some effects and great heritage.
  • tdan71tdan71 Frets: 8
    Bit like the two notes Cab M
    I've ordered one to go with my Origin Effects 'amps' and also my Tonex and GT1000 Core to a lesser degree. I also have a couple of smaller valve amps in my horizon. 
    Should get it Thursday.
  • Brio said:
    I've ordered one to go with my Origin Effects 'amps' and also my Tonex and GT1000 Core to a lesser degree. I also have a couple of smaller valve amps in my horizon. 
    Should get it Thursday.
    I would be interested in hearing your thoughts on it after you’ve spent some time with it?
    All the usual YouTube suspects give there paid for reviews on release day.
    I hate those .

Shall do.
  • tekbowtekbow Frets: 1699

I don't think it's a loader though. You're stuck with what's there and there's 2 of those cabs that would be useful to me.

The CAB-M models all the same parameters, plus a much wider selection of cabs available.