Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

UA Ox Stomp pedal released.

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• BrioBrio Frets: 1846
    edited October 2023
    I spent yesterday afternoon with the Ox Stomp just working with the 6 first preset rigs. Running a Deluxe61 and Revival Drive Compact with a Halcyon Gold to boost them and as an alternative a Tonex pedal.
    Blimey the Stomp can massively change your sound. I can see me doing a basic blues set just using the Deluxe61/Halcyon and a Flashback delay into the Stomp. The ability to eq all the aspects of your sound, add reverb and compression and have 6  variants available on the front of the pedal is great.
    Very much in love with it, but its only been 24 hrs...
    I'm running it into a Focus rite2i2 for 'phones and a pair of DXR10s but not had the chance to try the speakers at volume yet. I think it is going to sound excellent.
    I'll get a couple if hours in with the Tonex tonight 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I had one briefly but found the Bluetooth app incredibly frustrating. 

When I finally managed to get the pedal to connect I found the phone app a bit of a nightmare. Especially when trying to edit the effects. Most of the useable sounds are in the 1st 5mm of the slider travel. So trying to adjust things was awful. Plus the sliders would jump around, then they wouldn’t respond.

When I eventually got it to where I wanted it it sounded great. The effects are nice and the room mics add another dimension to the sound.

Now the main problem was, once I left it, turned it off then went back to it, I just couldn’t get the app to connect to the pedal. I tried everything suggested on the UA website but it just wouldn’t work. I got so frustrated with it I ended up packing it up and sending it back.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Too expensive …
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9551
    Brio said:
    I spent yesterday afternoon with the Ox Stomp just working with the 6 first preset rigs. Running a Deluxe61 and Revival Drive Compact with a Halcyon Gold to boost them and as an alternative a Tonex pedal.
    Blimey the Stomp can massively change your sound. I can see me doing a basic blues set just using the Deluxe61/Halcyon and a Flashback delay into the Stomp. The ability to eq all the aspects of your sound, add reverb and compression and have 6  variants available on the front of the pedal is great.
    Very much in love with it, but its only been 24 hrs...
    I'm running it into a Focus rite2i2 for 'phones and a pair of DXR10s but not had the chance to try the speakers at volume yet. I think it is going to sound excellent.
    I'll get a couple if hours in with the Tonex tonight 
    Any updates or thoughts mate ?

• spir4Lspir4L Frets: 87
    I have gotten a Ox stomp pedal recently and I have been using it with a Kingsley Squire D as a preamp, connected to my Clarett audio interface.

I can only say it sounds great, and with all the available options of cabs and microphones the sound can vary massively, so there are really many options depending on the needs! I used to have a DSM simplifier that I sold some time ago and while it was ok for practicing, the sound was quite awful compared to this setup.
    It's true that the phone app is sometimes is a bit slow and painful, but it really depends on how many times you think you're gonna change the cab and mics in a session. I am totally fine with it. 
    It also offers compression, delay and reverb. I believe it's the best option nowadays for silent playing, without using a amp (I never had a Ox Box but I guess it would be the same with the line-in mod).
    I am now trying to get a Suhr RL so that I can also plug in my amp with a load and check the difference with the preamp.
    I am also planning to try a cheap Joyo American Sound to see what the difference would be with the Kingsley.
  • KultscharKultschar Frets: 44
    Any more views on this one?    Pondering Effectrode Blackbird > Ox Stomp