Composition Challenge #39

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• I'm hoping to have one in
    How are you doing?

If you need a bit more time I could extend the deadline a bit, provided that's also OK with the other entrants, @midiman1962 and @TTony ;

Ok by me 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Entry closes tonight. Unless @thecolourbox has one that will be ready soon, in which case the deadline can be extended.

It's not a competition.
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27578
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9722
    edited December 2023
    Hi all sorry for the delay - really appreciate the gesture of extra time but I don't want the extension to be on my account as lord knows how long things are going to take me! I can't handle that type of responsibility or pressure

So, I've sent in two entries just now. And no, neither of them are the two songs I've mentioned that i'm working on! Gahhh my stupid brain. They are taking ages to get right (and in the process i've come up with other ideas which may well come to fruition sooner even than the original two ideas).

Anyway, two songs but very low production values - both just voice and acoustic demos. One song from my Covid period writing spree and one old one but as I had the kit out and plugged in  i thought i might as well do a couple.

Both songs are recorded live ie guitar and voice through the same mic at the same time, although I did overdub a bit of a lead line over the start and end of one of them. Just plumped through a bit of eq, compressor, light reverb and a mono to stereo widener thing.
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic

• ...So, I've sent in two entries just now...

They're in the playlist.

It's not a competition.
  • Amazing thank you!
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • Damn, forgot all about this.
    shame such a few entries.
    I’ll have a go next time
    ‘It is no measure of good health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society’
    I’ll have a go next time
    If you've got anything that's good to go, I expect I won't get around to starting the voting for a couple of days.
    It's not a competition.
    I’ll have a go next time
    If you've got anything that's good to go, I expect I won't get around to starting the voting for a couple of days.
    Ok, I’ll see if I can cobble something together tomorrow,
    cheers
    ‘It is no measure of good health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society’
  • stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2197
    Entry closed. In theory :)

But feel submit anything up to, or during, the voting period. It's just that you might miss out on some votes once the voting starts.

It's not a competition.
  • PetepassionPetepassion Frets: 854
    Bit hungover, but wrote a song this afternoon. Recorded straight onto my iPhone and emailed across. Thing is, I’m bloody useless with technology and no idea if it’s a suitable format. If not, please let me know and I’ll have a go on the laptop.
    the song is called ‘I found myself in you’, bit cheesy, but I rattled it off on the spur of the moment…as you can probably tell when you hear it =)
    edited January 1
    ...wrote a song this afternoon. Recorded straight onto my iPhone and emailed across...
    It's in the playlist.

I used your lyrics as a picture to associate with your track, but had to fiddle with the formatting a bit to get it to fit in the Soundcloud window. Hopefully I captured all the words.

It's not a competition.
    ...wrote a song this afternoon. Recorded straight onto my iPhone and emailed across...
    It's in the playlist.

I used your lyrics as a picture to associate with your track, but had to fiddle with the formatting a bit to get it to fit in the Soundcloud window. Hopefully I captured all the words.

Ah, that’s great, many thanks
    OK. Entry is closed for real now.

I'll probably start the voting tomorrow, time permitting.

It's not a competition.
    Every morning I wake up next to my partner it blows my mind, she is beyond my wildest dreams, the last five years have been the most explosive years of my life…rollercoaster doesn’t even come close.
       Her story, her struggle is the stuff of novels and films, but has created the most incredible woman.
       So I awoke this morning, New Year’s Day and wrote her another song, not one of my best, as the songs usually come when they come and not to order, but I thought I’d give it a go. Apologies for the poor quality, but just recorded raw onto my iPhone with no EQ, effects or editing.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom