Poopot's Cover Challenge #24 - K - voting

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• IMC1980IMC1980 Frets: 145
    IMC1980 said:
    mrkb said:
    Enjoyed hearing all the entries this month - a wide range of styles!

5pts - Kids in America - @IMC1980 ;; would love to find out the technique you use to record vocals and backing vox - sounds great
    Recorded the vocals in an untreated room with an SE Electronics 4400a into an Audient ID22, preamp gain at "2 O'clock", verse has a high and low octave, pre chorus is the same but both octaves are double tracked. For the backing vocals I stood further back from the mic when singing and for the outro a couple of feet back. Let me know if you want to know anything else. 
    He's also a bloody good singer with very accurate pritch and knows how to use compression really well for the higher notes. That's more important than mic choice, double tracking, octave layers, reverb or delay

You are too kind @flying_pie ! Are we firm on dropping "the" from our challenge requirements? If so I have my choice for L..... 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • flying_pieflying_pie Frets: 1816
    @IMC1980 I think the responses so far have indicated that it's absolutely fine for tracks to start with "the"

So we can have "the love cats" by The Cure or "the last in line" by Dio or whatever else
    @IMC1980 I think the responses so far have indicated that it's absolutely fine for tracks to start with "the"

So we can have "the love cats" by The Cure or "the last in line" by Dio or whatever else
    Sweet, PM on its way with my choice! 
  • Emp_Fab said:
    Bezzer said:
    Emp_Fab said:

I'm not trolling.  It's a genuine question !  I'm not staying in here, I just happened across it and was slightly puzzled by everyone pretending not to notice.
    It is trolling, even if not intentionally. To give an honest answer ... because unlike vast swathes of this forum THIS bit is about encouraging people to take part, to hear different ideas, to improve yourself and maybe learn from everyone else. I can hand on heart say I've enjoyed listen to every track everyone has submitted for every challenge. Absolutely genuinely.

But you know, noted, if you choose to enter one I will make sure to give you a suitable critique of your talents or lack thereof.
    Ok.  But how can anyone "improve themselves" if they don't get any honest feedback?  Not one person here has offered any help or constructive criticism for the particular entry I'm referring to. In fact, no-one has made any reference to it at all.  Pretending it doesn't exist isn't helping the artist improve, it's just selfish.

That's not trolling - it's honesty.

Anyway, I'll leave you all to it.  I have no desire to derail this thread any further.
    Maybe frame your criticism as constructive criticism then - "I liked blahblahblah by humanbeing, but I thought the vocal was a touch wobbly and didn't quite get to the high note in the chorus. I though the verses were sung really well with feeling however, and certainly it was all round far better than I could do."

What you put was simply mean, and phrased in a way to try and get a cheap laugh.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • I've no doubt I'll get told to play the ball, not the man, but the ball here is how you always phrase things to piss people off, and then come back with "well, I certainly didn't mean that, you've take my posts completely out of context and you're being mean."

But fuck it, Poops was my friend, and people coming in here to contribute nothing and be horrible has pissed me off.

I think all of the entries are really good, and far, far better than anything I could do, so well done,  and bravo for having the guts to post them in public.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    I've no doubt I'll get told to play the ball, not the man, but the ball here is how you always phrase things to piss people off, and then come back with "well, I certainly didn't mean that, you've take my posts completely out of context and you're being mean."

But fuck it, Poops was my friend, and people coming in here to contribute nothing and be horrible has pissed me off.

I think all of the entries are really good, and far, far better than anything I could do, so well done,  and bravo for having the guts to post them in public.
    I mentioned the same thing to @bezzer the other day @Mattharrier - coming here and spewing cowardly insults in a thread dedicated to a man that he was consistently at odds with is in very poor taste. Hopefully the community responses to his shit posting will mean the only time he comes back is when he has a vote or an entry. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • HabaneroHabanero Frets: 252
    My missus has is watching Strictly and someone just danced to ‘Kids In America’. It’s everywhere!
    Habanero said:
    My missus has is watching Strictly and someone just danced to ‘Kids In America’. It’s everywhere!

It didn't work - she was eliminated last night.
  • flying_pieflying_pie Frets: 1816
    Habanero said:
    Habanero said:

That was down to being shit at dancing though. Nothing to do with the song
    flying_pie said:
    Habanero said:
    Habanero said:

That was down to being shit at dancing though. Nothing to do with the song

Yes indeed. I don't think even using @IMC1980's version could have saved her!