Rob Chapman announcement

What's Hot

Comments

• NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3400
    You can create your very own influencer now, using AI and then get loads of freebies from gullible manufacturers ;-)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BrioBrio Frets: 1863
    So TPS and our own John Nathan Cordy are leeching narcissists now?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NerineNerine Frets: 2175
    Why does this guy get airtime? He’s not even a very good guitarist, ffs. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Nerine said:
    Because, as Rob himself has said many times, skill has almost nothing to do with fame and/or popularity.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • ewalewal Frets: 2592
    Shameless self promotion and fakery is what matters.

I was just saying the same thing over on LinkedIn.
    The Scrambler-EE Walk soundcloud experience
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Fingers657Fingers657 Frets: 657
    edited November 2023
    What do you call a serial announcer?
    Rob Chapman.
    I can’t be bothered to watch what ever he’s announcing this month.
    A new band deal?
    Another amplifier company deal with his BF Lee ?
    Another Chapman guitar deal with his BF Lee ?
    A update on the US guitar company he bought with his BF Lee earlier in the year?
    Have the new range of chapters Y fronts & string vests been released?
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7811

I like him.
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6394
    Number 24 !
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11805
    Nerine said:
    Because, as Rob himself has said many times, skill has almost nothing to do with fame and/or popularity.
    Yup - we all know the best guitarist in the world is a little Chinese kid with bleeding fingers because he is playing to play and people in the west play so they can lie in a jacuzzi full of coke with a bunch of hookers.

That's a harsh generalisation - but rock music is about marketing and always has been - the fact a lot of it is pretty good is a nice side effect.
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2778
    Rob Chapman.
    A new band deal?
    A update on the US guitar company he bought with his BF Lee earlier in the year?
    I hope you never have to advertise anything for your personal business or employer - what do you think he is doing, trying to piss you off on purpose as his hobby ?  
    All he is doing is marketing.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • sev112 said:
    Rob Chapman.
    A new band deal?
    I hope you never have to advertise anything for your personal business or employer - what do you think he is doing, trying to piss you off on purpose as his hobby ?  
    All he is doing is marketing.  
    More of a profession since he's getting paid for it.
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10258
    I had an absolutely awful experience with Atomic so I hope this fails miserably. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31632
    I had an absolutely awful experience with Atomic so I hope this fails miserably. 
    Me too, though I have no desire to see it fail. 

I suspect you'll have your wish though as it seems to be a marriage of people on their downward slide, in fact I'm surprised they haven't promoted it on MySpace.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Paul_C said:

I like him.
    I certainly like that he seems to annoy all the right kind of people. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I remember Chappers back in the 00s starting out as one of the first YouTube guitar teachers…he got into marketing pretty early on with Orange amps. Chappers was ahead of the curve in recognising YouTube as a marketing platform.

I’ve always thought of him as very bright, very savvy young (ok now Middle aged) hybrid of businessman and musician. He understood that his band Dorje weren’t going to ‘make it’ in the traditional sense so he pushed the social side of it. It wasn’t really about the music, more about the process. 

Then he presumably made a sh@t ton for money on Chapman guitars (savvy businessman) and moved to Malta. Since then he seems to have been failing a bit…lots of videos on random cheaper products with the sweet guy in the local music shop. 

As a demo person he’s kind of the opposite of Andy from PGS in that he makes everything sound equally bad. I don’t think this is a reflection of his playing, more his setup which sounds like very low action on guitars with very hot pickups (he always sounds better on that red strat imo). I actually think he’s a very good at rock soloing, just not so much anything else. 

He does have exceptional ears (if the blindfold videos are to be believed). And in general, I like his warmth, intelligence and humour. He should come back to Andertons.

sorry for the short essay on rob chapman
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • Now Lee has Danish Pete who is a superb player, easily liked, can play anything I cant see a way back for Chapman.

I couldnt listen to Andertons vids with Chapmans playing let alone his voice.  Pete is cracking
  • I don't care what he's doing. He peaked with the Korg Miku Stomp review and it's been downhill ever since.
    The way that Andertons (and others) try to turn their demonstrators (Rabea, "Danish" Pete, etc.) is kind of sad really.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6897
    Now Lee has Danish Pete who is a superb player, easily liked, can play anything I cant see a way back for Chapman.

I couldnt listen to Andertons vids with Chapmans playing let alone his voice.  Pete is cracking
    Until he talks. He’s like a 12 year old with his double entendres and schoolboy humour, it’s a bit cringy!
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • mrkb said:
    Now Lee has Danish Pete who is a superb player, easily liked, can play anything I cant see a way back for Chapman.

Until he talks. He’s like a 12 year old with his double entendres and schoolboy humour, it’s a bit cringy!
    It is a bit over the top alright and yes, it doesn annoy me at times as well.
  • Now Lee has Danish Pete who is a superb player, easily liked, can play anything I cant see a way back for Chapman.

Pete is a great player. But the issue I have is Lee and Pete together are too similar in their tastes. Often it's like Statler and Waldorf when they have to look at anything modern. I miss the humour of when Rob was an Andertons regular.