Rob Chapman announcement

What's Hot

Comments

• SpringywheelSpringywheel Frets: 942
    edited December 2023
    Gets a lot of undeserved hate this fella. Very savvy in riding the early social media wave centering around guitar stuff. Now he's a middle aged, overweight, balding millionaire, something we all aspire(d) to be. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • BasherBasher Frets: 1206
    Now he's a middle aged, overweight, balding millionaire, something we all aspire(d) to be. 
    Wow! It seems that I'm already 75% of the way to my aspirations.
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HT986M2HT986M2 Frets: 148
    Now Lee has Danish Pete who is a superb player, easily liked, can play anything I cant see a way back for Chapman.
    Unfortunately Lee and Pete are a bit too similar in terms of where their tastes lie. Rob had that rock and metal background which gave a bit more flavour to the videos. 

Digital John and the new Djentleman (whose name I can’t recall at the minute) do give the channel back its heavier focus that it had been missing, but as mentioned, the regular presenters who are on 90% off videos can be too similar, and so ‘modern’ gear reviews (I.e modellers etc.) can be somewhat biased. 

To his credit, Lee is becoming a bit more open minded about that stuff. 

Pete’s humour does also grate as already mentioned by previous posters. Rob and Lee clearly got on very well and had that ‘two mates in a pub’ banter. 

RE: Malta. That move wasn’t through choice from what I gather. He and his family were receiving death threats and other similarly nasty things to his home address.  I can’t recall all the details, but it was a move to protect his family. 

I still watch most videos in the channel, but I do miss the banter Rob had with Lee. 
    Trading feedback available here
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3408
    Rumours on TGP that Chappers has already stopped working with Atomic. If true, that was quick. 

• darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11887
    NelsonP said:
    Rumours on TGP that Chappers has already stopped working with Atomic. If true, that was quick. 

Obviously got the Pumpkins gig, he's too busy...
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    4reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26755
    HT986M2 said:

RE: Malta. That move wasn’t through choice from what I gather. He and his family were receiving death threats and other similarly nasty things to his home address.  I can’t recall all the details, but it was a move to protect his family. 
    Where did you hear that? I wasn't aware of anything along those lines.

Of course, it should go without saying that if I found out anybody here was responsible for that kind of thing, they'd be banned for life (among other things).
    <space for hire>
  • Secret_SamSecret_Sam Frets: 287
    That's a coincidence. Malta is not only a tax haven, it's safe as well. Who knew?
  • HT986M2HT986M2 Frets: 148
    edited January 24
    HT986M2 said:

Where did you hear that? I wasn't aware of anything along those lines.

Of course, it should go without saying that if I found out anybody here was responsible for that kind of thing, they'd be banned for life (among other things).
    He mentioned it himself in one of his videos after the move.  I seem to remember him mentioning it in one of the Covid-era videos when he was having a walk-around a Maltese park discussing things and answering questions.  I can't find that series in his video list any more so maybe they were taken down.

I did stumble across this thread from this very forum though in which the OP had a Rob Chapman video that has since been taken down as well:

It was all fall-out from the KDH video.  I can't blame him though.  If you're getting threats and have a place to retreat to in order to protect yourself and your family, you'd be daft not to.  You don't know if the threats are legit, so rather than looking over your shoulder all the time it's best to just get out.
    Trading feedback available here
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7300
    Now Lee has Danish Pete who is a superb player, easily liked, can play anything I cant see a way back for Chapman.

I couldnt listen to Andertons vids with Chapmans playing let alone his voice.  Pete is cracking

I couldnt listen to Andertons vids with Chapmans playing let alone his voice.  Pete is cracking
    Isn't this the same dude who couldn't palm mute?
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LittlejonnyLittlejonny Frets: 140
    I’m saddened to hear that Rob Chapman was subject to so much abuse. He seems a genuinely decent and sensitive guy. I don’t understand why people are so cruel. 
  • topdog91topdog91 Frets: 359
    I’m saddened to hear that Rob Chapman was subject to so much abuse. He seems a genuinely decent and sensitive guy. I don’t understand why people are so cruel. 
    A lot of people seemed to think that his behaviour (on more than one occasion) was somewhere between deceitful and not cricket, and this is well-documented. (Without justifying abuse, of course.)

It's unfortunate that we all love guitars but it is an industry with all the inevitable baggage that entails.
    Brian Moore MC1 / i9.13p, Chapman ML-2 / ML-3, Fender 1977 Strat Hardtail / Richie Kotzen Telecaster, Peavey Predator / T-60, PRS SE Akerfeldt / Akesson , Squier Classic Vibe 60s Strat, FSR Custom Tele x2, Simon & Patrick Folk Cedar
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9612
    I think he’s just made another big announcement… hmmm….
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6815
    edited March 11
    Danish Pete creeps me out. 

My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10277
    edited March 12
    soma1975 said:

I've met him a few times and he's sound. 
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6815
    I'd never trust a man with many Hawaiian shirts.  
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2337
    soma1975 said:

The guy can play but playing with Tom Jones and pop acts (not writing music) is not that cool.
    soma1975 said:

The guy can play but playing with Tom Jones and pop acts (not writing music) is not that cool.

You seen his house?  His 8k Les Paul he bought on a whim due to his retail industry chum?

I'll take his gigs over being "cool" any day of the week.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10277
    edited March 16
    How is Tom Jones not cool??? The guy's toured the world for 60 years and has had more girlfriends than we've all had hot dinners combined.

Anyway, not this again. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    How is Tom Jones not cool??? The guy's toured the world for 60 years and has had more girlfriends than we've all had hot dinners combined.

Anyway, not this again. 
    Very good point, if everyone losing their shit over "Reload" back in the day didn't prove it, he also did the song for the third best Bond movie... and has a voice like Mallard hitting 126mph...

I'm going to stick my neck out here and say, especially when they just started releasing experimental pop stuff and hitting number one...

How the fuck are Girls Aloud not cool as well?
    ...Please can we all just be nice about people - if it wasn't clear from the past the Andertons team READ THIS FORUM REGULARLY and they are people with feelings too.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom