SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Fender Player Road Worn HSS Stratocaster and a parts/project guitar

What's Hot
TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7467
edited April 5 in Guitars £
Fender *edit - Player (not Vintera)* Road Worn Stratocaster - Candy Apple Red

Texas specials and Pearly Gates Plus pickups.

Fantastic guitar, excellent range of sounds, great condition (always seems odd saying this with an aged guitar but you get what I mean) 

Includes Fender gig bag.

£760

SOLD: Fender USA Performer Telecaster in Blonde. 

It has one finish crack on the upper side of the lower bout - must have had a dink. Other than this it is in outstanding condition throughout. 

Comes with Fender gig bag. 

Located in Swindon or. 

Was £800 now SOLD

FURTHER EDITED TO ADD:

Parts/Project 'Explorer' (please read carefully)

This is a self-build guitar I did years ago in one of the forum self-build challenges. 
It is an Explorer shape but 15/16ths size in overall dimensions, and also slightly thinner than a regular Explorer (I mention the thickness so as to be clear you can't add a term (should you want to) as the block would be too deep :-) )

It's mahogany (I think) with a spalted maple top. I bought the body blank unfinished - I stabilised the salt using the (apparently standard) method of rubbing in a large pot of thin cyanoacrylate (superglue) and letting it sink in, then sanding back a smidge. 

I then finished the whole think using the 2-part clear finish they use for pub bar tops. Th finish is, ahem, imperfect, and has over the years begun to flake in some areas. To be clear, I expect you'd want to refinish or touch up yourself obviously. 

The bridge is a hipshot (I think, from memory).

The neck was from a 'Jaxville' cheapo guitar. I used a rattle can to spray the headstock black. Again over the years, this has... let's say reliced!

I had a DiMarzio Super Distortion in it and it sounded EPIC. The guitar is really light, really resonant, and when I used it at the IGF summer school jam sessions (I ran the jam stage there for a few years) people always uassumed (from a few feet away) it was some booteek thing because it sounded huge. 

What's it worth to someone for a project? £50? 

Located in Swindon. Will unscrew and post at cost if necessary. 

Imgur gallery: https://imgur.com/gallery/eHW8ck4

(see gallery for more pics) 
Red ones are better. 
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments