Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

What’s Your Favourite & Worst 2023 Effects Pedal purchases?

What's Hot
Fingers657Fingers657 Frets: 657
I haven’t got a worst Pedal buy this year and I’ve bought a lot of em.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• slackerslacker Frets: 2256
    Only two this year a surface bc109 and a bliss factory. The former is easier to use but the latter is a lot of fun too.
  • theatreanchortheatreanchor Frets: 1505
    edited November 2023
    Favourite - Analogman Bad Bob Boost (I now have two)
    Worst - probably the Jam Rattler+ which was an immediate flip.
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17684
    tFB Trader
    I think for the first time in many years I have bought zero pedals this year. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10467
    I brought a Noble ODR-1 after watching Tom Bukovac rave about them. What a great overdrive it is. 

Didn't buy any others so no bad one to list. 
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Fingers657Fingers657 Frets: 657
    edited November 2023
    My real favourites this year are all the WARM audio outstanding pedals and two brilliant Behringer pedals one of which is used live by The Smashing Pumpkins Billy Corgan on his pedal board.

BEHRINGER OCTAVE DIVIDER EFFECTS PEDAl.

Andertons did have it on sale for £69 but just upped it to £79 .
    So nice of them to reduce it by 99p so every youngster that buys one can’t even get the bus home  :#
  • I've only bought two pedals this year. The TC Electronic 5150 preamp, and the Joyo Chopper-Z which is an Apex Preamp clone. Both sound great.

I suppose my Laney Loudpedal is a pedal as well as being a power amp. I probably wouldn't have bought it if I'd known amp head versions were on the way. It's not likely to get much use.

• soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6835
    1991 pedal. Fuck that thing. 

Sonus Jimi Mod 68 Fuzz. That thing is incredible sounding. 
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7853

Favourite - Chase Bliss Reverse Mode C

Worst - Jam Delay Llama Supreme/Mooer Ocean Machine (nothing wrong with either of them but I bought them more because I wanted to buy something than because I wanted to own them - I shall give them a fair run at some point and find out they're great, no doubt).

"I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
  • KeefyKeefy Frets: 2324
    Favourite: Boss DM-101. I’ve waxed lyrical about it in other threads so I won’t repeat my wibblings here.

Worst: none, only good stuff!
  • blobbblobb Frets: 3018
    I bought a Jam Seagull. Brilliant. Maybe not everyone's cuppa but for me it's the ideal tone shaper.

I'm still in two minds about Ultratap.
    Feelin' Reelin' & Squeelin'
  • Fishboy7Fishboy7 Frets: 2227
    Best - the Maxon AD999 I acquired from @horsehead .  Just a really nice simple analog delay with the 3 knobs - gives a lovely warm swampy background to your sound without ever becoming overpowering.  The only delay Ive not managed to make sound like an apalling mess with 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • thefezthefez Frets: 131
    Best: Nocturne El Pescadoro. Had to sell mine earlier in the year when things were a bit tight. Found this for a bargain considering the import fees and shipping. Absolutely love the reverb side of the pedal and the preamp is no slouch either.

Meh: Voodoo Labs Micro Vibe. It's a good vibe pedal and I like it, but I don't have much use for it. More of a whim purchase but not as good as the other pedals I've bought this year. 
  • Best I think is the full-fat Origin Revival Drive but considering that's basically an amp, I can't ignore the Kingsley Page either. Honorable mentions to the Benson Preamp and Germanium Fuzz. 

Worst? Maybe Walrus Lore, not because it's not good but because I just keep trying fancy reverb stuff and failing to get much useful out of them. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • Haven’t had many this year, it’s been more of a downsizing year. Might only have been a couple…

Best: Blues Driver. Surprisingly great pedal - though not with a Vox type amp. Made me rethink a lot of things.

Worst: Red Witch Opia fuzz. Actually I’m sure it was broken (I hope it was!) so it went back sharpish.
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28750
    Favourite and only; Boss RC500. Dead simple to use. 

Worst and only: Boss RC500. Bewildering manual for the more advanced stuff. 

"[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • Worst: None of the few things I've bought this year have been bad, but one or two have been a bit "meh" and not really ignited any spark in me. The one I'd pick as the most "meh" would be the Wampler Terraform. It's OK, but.... 

Best: The replacement for the Terraform was a Strymon Mobius. There are several algorithms on that which I absolutely love. The GTCore I also own can do all of them, too, in terms of ticking boxes on a list, but none of them sound as lush and 3D as the Mobius does. Despite intending to use the GTCore to save board space, the Mobius refuses to leave. :-) 

And, worse, despite having almost run out of board space again, I'm now curious about some other Strymon boxes. 

Frustrating: The Source Audio Collider has far better sounding reverbs and delays than the GTCore, but it has a problem with processing more than one MIDI message at a time (and SA support admitted that i an email) which means I had to send one back, very reluctantly. 
  • BrioBrio Frets: 1880
    Best- Revival Drive Custom
    Worst? Well nothing bad really but I just haven't bonded with my Origin Halcyon Gold. Maybe I'm not a Klon kind of guy.
  • steersteer Frets: 1200
    The only pedal I bought this year was the Guv'nor reissue. And it is splendid. 
  • Best - BJFE Blue Bee - well worth importing from Japan. Fantastic biting rock and roll tones, excited me more than the last ten overdrives. Killer. 

I haven't bought anything I would be comfortable labelling as 'worst' or particularly bad.
  • Best Echoline Roadrunner - great overdrive sounds

Worst- for the second time a KOT ...unless youre playing a massively loud amp they just dont have it