Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Shane MacGowan

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• rze99 said:

Fact fans - Paul Weller produced his first demos and the single by THE NIPS, (previously known by the name of the Nipple Erectors).

He was mad on The Jam and was a fixture at their early London dates.

Here he is at The Clash. There's another pic I can't find of him at maybe a Jam, or Clash, or Sex Pistols or The Damned gig in a Union Jack tshirt. In Ireland, The Pogues were generally thought of as an Irish band, but when you dig into them, they really are a London band.
    Shane MacGowan The Making Of A Vulnerable Genius
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Duke Levine put this up yesterday:

Noice, as usual.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Must admit to being a casual, rather than ardent, fan - I liked more than just Fairy Tale of New York. That said his energy, originality and song writing ability is undeniable. Given his lifestyle, his death was never going to be unexpected, but I feel genuinely sad at his passing. He was one of a kind. Back to his Christmas classic...it will never be bettered in my opinion.
  • barnstorm said:
    I just came to post this - an absolutely triumphant sendoff.

And even if that is the only song that remains in people's hearts & memories (not that it should be), then what an incredible legacy to have left us with. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • Fishboy7Fishboy7 Frets: 2198
    In case you missed it this this was one of the best anti war songs ever recorded imo