SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sold PRS HFS/VB Set

What's Hot
SheldersShelders Frets: 22
edited February 29 in Parts £
Hi all

Bought a CE24 off here in the summer and these came in the case - I am tempted to try them out but at same time don't really have time to keep swapping pickups out. So I'm happy to let them go £150 posted which seems the be the going price from a quick Google.

https://ibb.co/7NSWcM4

Any questions I'll do my best to answer but honestly I don't know much about pick ups!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27525
    I know that some people don’t rate these, but I put into my favourite ever guitar c15yrs ago when I had it built.

It’s still my favourite guitar, and those pickups are still in it.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14434
    Those don't normally come with metal covers. (On early PRS Custom guitars, the corners of the pickup routs are too rounded to accept covered humbuckers.) 
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • Those don't normally come with metal covers. (On early PRS Custom guitars, the corners of the pickup routs are too rounded to accept covered humbuckers.) 
    Interesting - so anyway of confirming what exactly is sitting on my desk? 
    They look exactly like the HFS/VB pair in my 1993 Custom except with chromed covers added. (Plus, extra solder mess and paper bobbin tape on the baseplates.)

I have a pair of PRS humbuckers with factory-fitted metal covers. The soldering is much tidier than appears in your photograph. 

Sorry.
  • Excuse my ignorance - could someone added the covers afterwards hence the poor soldering job? 

Funkfingers said:
    They look exactly like the HFS/VB pair in my 1993 Custom except with chromed covers added. (Plus, extra solder mess and paper bobbin tape on the baseplates.)

I have a pair of PRS humbuckers with factory-fitted metal covers. The soldering is much tidier than appears in your photograph. 

Sorry.

Shelders said:
    could someone added the covers afterwards, hence the poor soldering job? 
    Affirmative.

I'm wondering what the strips of tape are meant to achieve? 

Normally, the narrow tape is applied in stages. Firstly, a turn or so around the copper coil on each bobbin before they are fastened to the baseplate. Secondly, at least two turns around the outside of the bobbins. This application will cover the metal lip on either edge of the baseplate. It is only necessary on pickups that will be installed uncovered.

On pickups that are intended to be covered, the secondary application of tape impedes the physically contact between the metal parts.
  • Just checked with the owner before me and the covers were on when he purchased it from a reputable guitar shop so I'm assuming the covers are just aftermarket.
  • SheldersShelders Frets: 22
    Still available but now on dreaded ebay. Open to offers!
    Still available!
    I'll take £100 + delivery if anyones interested before I accept an offer off eBay. Rather sell them on here!