Strange Logic Audio Problem. No sound on audio track til I load software instrument !!!

What's Hot
I’m just getting back into using Logic again. Have forgot everything 
  Seem to have got everything working . Could not get any sound from the Audio Track with my guitar 
  The green Track meter was bouncing up & down but could hear nothing.

I then thought for some random reason ,what if I load a software instrument track
did so , then opened up the little keyboard input thing on the screen and used the mouse to hit a few notes . Switch back to Audio track it’s. Now working as one would expect .

im totally baffled 
here’s some of my settings & my interface 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4183
    Ps everything works fine when I’m using a standalone plugin instead of Logic so assume the interface is all correct etc . Is it just a strange anomaly I have the IQ of a backward ape & still feel ill from Xmas virus . Is it anything to do with the audio input output screen above ? Wasn’t sure what ascending meant 
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33801
    Why don't you have the scarlett set as both input and output device?
    edited January 16
    My monitors on this are plugged into the headphone socket of the laptop I’ve only got 2 USB slots 
      I can unplug the focusrite and use the midi controller or other stuff while still having a reliable output .  
  • HabaneroHabanero Frets: 252
    When you add a new Audio track it normally doesn’t activate Input Monitoring, the switch for which is in the Inspector panel. Was this on? 
    Habanero said:
    When you add a new Audio track it normally doesn’t activate Input Monitoring, the switch for which is in the Inspector panel. Was this on? 
    I’ll have a look later on , thanks very much :)
    My monitors on this are plugged into the headphone socket of the laptop I’ve only got 2 USB slots 
      I can unplug the focusrite and use the midi controller or other stuff while still having a reliable output .  
    Get a USB hub. 
    You usually get much worse latency if using the onboard output. 
    octatonic said:
    Get a USB hub. 
    Thanks for that  I was looking at a hub but some things appear to not like working with them 
    octatonic said:
    Get a USB hub. 
    Thanks for that  I was looking at a hub but some things appear to not like working with them 
    If a powered hub from a reliable brand then it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

I have about 40 things connected to rackmount USB hubs in the studio.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • marxskimarxski Frets: 250
      Seem to have got everything working . Could not get any sound from the Audio Track with my guitar 

I then thought for some random reason ,what if I load a software instrument track
    did so , then opened up the little keyboard input thing on the screen and used the mouse to hit a few notes . Switch back to Audio track it’s. Now working as one would expect .

im totally baffled 

This problem got me baffled as well - this helpful and quick tutorial solved it for me in seconds.

https://youtu.be/K6Sz7JJyP74?feature=shared
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    marxski said:

im totally baffled 

This problem got me baffled as well - this helpful and quick tutorial solved it for me in seconds.

https://youtu.be/K6Sz7JJyP74?feature=shared
    Thanks man , I’ll check it out later  , have a great day