SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

JEM, Universe, Yngwie, Sabre, Jackson - Collection of guitars for sale - mostly signature models

What's Hot
jasonbone75jasonbone75 Frets: 636
edited March 20 in Guitars £
A note from me, JB: this is clearly a sad reason to be selling anything. My friend Dan has been dead for nearly a year now. I have had the guitars at mine for probably 5 months already before I got to cleaning everything up. That was just from being busy with life. My main point is I would like this thread to celebrate Dan's good taste in guitars rather than be a place of condolence - so no "sorry for loss" and more "damn, nice guitars man!"

OK, that is out of the way.

Dan's father asked me to clean/restore/setup as I saw fit and to sell all of the instruments on his behalf. There is one cheap acoustic and a banjo that will appear in other sections. I think there might be an amp somewhere too.

Monies end up with the family but they come through me via PayPal, bank etc. and I have full authorisation to set and negotiate prices at my discretion.

Some of these guitars do not come up often so in some cases I don't have a clear idea of the market asking price and I may initially be a bit over with the published price in this for sale thread.

To be clear: Offers are very welcome and will be discussed politely via private messages on thefretboard.co.uk

This first post will be more information summary and I will add additional photos and details in following posts as I finish up the few remaining instruments. If you require a specific couple of photos post the request in this thread and I will post them up here.

There is minimum one more guitar coming over to me details will be added when received.

The Guitars

Dan loved Ibanez. I mean really really loved them - his original AOL email address had ibanez in it! But he also equally loved signature models for some of his favourite players. Both are represented here. There are at least 3 additional Ibanez guitars I can think of that I thought he had at some point - so far they haven't surfaced and may have been traded over the years.

Both the 1999 UV777BK and the 1999 S1540 Sabre were originally purchased new by me from Machinehead in Hitchin and later sold to Dan at some point in the 2000s. I sold him an original 1994 RG670DX as well which I bought new but that seems to have moved on over the years - the case that came to me with the RG670 is however present and is where the JPM100-P4 model lives.

Other than those few items, I was not involved in the purchasing of the other models listed. I know they were a mix of new retail and used purchases.

It should be clear from the photos that the guitars are all cleaned and setup to high standards. Frets have been polished on all. Trems are at correct angles. Etc.

Strings are D'Addario XL 9-42 or 9-46 at E standard tuning except the Malmsteen which is 9-42 but at Eb Standard. The 7-string is 9-42 plus a 54 low B.

Electric Guitars For Sale (Photos in this and posts 2 and 3)

1999 Ibanez UV777BK 7-string, black, with original Ibanez case: £ 2,000
2010 Ibanez JEM77V-BK, black, with Ibanez M100C case: £ 2,000
2008 Ibanez EGEN18 Herman Li signature, purple, first year of manufacture with Ibanez Prestige case: £ 800
2004 Fender YJM Strat, US model, maple neck with original Fender case: £1,600
1999 Ibanez S1540 Sabre in Turquoise Burst, no case: £ 700
2019 Jackson X Series SLX DX black and white swirl, no case: £ 500
1993/4 Ibanez RG670DX Violet Metallic with case: £750

Electric Guitars Sold (Photos in Post 4 SOLD ITEMS)

2018 Ibanez RG550-DY Desert Sun Yellow with M100C case: £ 750
2013 Washburn N4 Vintage with original Washburn case: £ 1,450
1996 Ibanez JPM100-P1 original Ibanez John Petrucci signature, Picaso graphic, non-branded hard case (8.18lbs / 3.71Kg): £ 3,500

Withdrawn From Sale
2019 EBMM Monarchy Majesty 6 String, Majestic Purple, with original case: £ 3,300
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some Photos (More to follow as I finish up restringing the last few)

1993/4 Ibanez RG670DX - interim progress photo

1999 Ibanez S1540FM

1999 Ibanez UV777BK

2010 Ibanez JEM77V-BK

2004 Fender YJM

2019 Jackson X Series

0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• jasonbone75jasonbone75 Frets: 636
    edited February 25
    Additional Photos

1999 Ibanez S1540 FM
    Points to note:
    There are a few dings on the back and one on the neck. All photographed. Still a great looker and player at nearly 25 years of age.
    First few frets have some three chord country wear but nothing that causes any issues. If I were keeping this one it would be some years before I considered even a simple fret level and crown.
    Only one of the original control knobs can be located. I have fitted two new ones but they are suffering from right shiny bastard syndrome. I have photographed the original alongside to demonstrate. If somebody has a faded gold matching knob they don't want then please let me know!
    The fretboard is a beautiful piece of Rosewood imo. Grain and colour are lovely.
    Now wearing Elixirs 9-46 which seem to be spot on for this one.

My fugly reflection is prolific - what can I say I polished it well!

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    reserved
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited January 29
    SOLD ITEMS

2018 Ibanez RG550-DY (SOLD)

2013 Washburn N4 (SOLD)

Ibanez JPM100-P1 (SOLD)

• hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4181
    Jason is Brilliant to buy from , he went above and beyond to help me when I bought the yellow RG550  he truly is the absolute best  so if you see something you like  snap it up , some awesome guitars here 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MikaMika Frets: 26
    The Petrucci Ibanez is a beauty! I'm not an expert on this topic, but the graphic seems to be a P1 rather than a P4, but the year (1996) doesn't seem to match the information on https://ibanez.fandom.com/wiki/JPM100
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Mika said:
    The Petrucci Ibanez is a beauty! I'm not an expert on this topic, but the graphic seems to be a P1 rather than a P4, but the year (1996) doesn't seem to match the information on https://ibanez.fandom.com/wiki/JPM100

Thanks Mika that was a typo in my spreadsheet! It is a 1996 P1 as you point out.
  • grappagreengrappagreen Frets: 1343
    Wow.. the JPM is extra special.. GLWTS
  • NightswanNightswan Frets: 1373
    An awesome line up of guitars.!!
  • RevMattRevMatt Frets: 837
    Great sale - makes me wish I could shred!
  • Jabba74Jabba74 Frets: 50
    Amazing guitar collection. Some stunners there!
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    He did have good taste. The N4 looks fab (paging @digitalscream...)
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26620
    Jeez, the N4's gone already? I can't remember exactly, but that was probably one of the last years before they outsourced N4 production, so I guess I'm not surprised.

Gotta love that raw swamp ash look.
    <space for hire>
    I've just strung up and tested the Jackson and added photo/price to first post. Can't find a mark on it - truly as new condition it would seem.
    Additional JPM100-P1 photos now in post 2
  • SquireJapanSquireJapan Frets: 717
    That’s a fantastic collection. Would do unspeakable things for that JPM. Clearly a man with excellent taste. 

If I could clear a couple of my listed guitars I’d be all over that like a rash. 
    edited January 29
    So hardly surprising to reveal the JPM has now sold - I know there will be some disappointment around.

Dan's dad has just turned up with 3 more guitars that are in need of some TLC from JB's home workshop:

- A BC Rich Beast bodyart thing!
    - A Washburn N2 (at least I think it is an N2 need to check)
    - My old Ibanez RG670DX which I mentioned in the first post has now appeared

Also there are a suspected up to 8 more in cases in the loft so clearly this post is going to be a long-term thing B)

I'm expecting a Satriani model or two to show up based on what Dan had over the years and I was surprised that nothing has surfaced already.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Bump for some tasty guitars.
    Bump for some Vai and Yngwie
  • AJSAJS Frets: 43
    Hacve you any details of the RG670
    AJS said:
    Hacve you any details of the RG670

Working on it :) I have to clean up and setup for photos.