Bax Music

What's Hot
Anyone not received a refund from this company after trying please?

Sent a bass back, customer comms non existent, getting ready for a PayPal pullback if Bax doesn’t get its act together.

Selling side of Bax was ok, prompt free delivery, good emails ( automated though )…….

Returning under their 30 days no quibble is a different experience.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Fingers657Fingers657 Frets: 657
    You really have to keep chasing them to get refunds.
    Bombard them with emails and ring them daily is the only way imo..
    I feel your pain been there done it a few times over the years.
    One example, I ordered a £700 amp head they only sent me the mains cable .
    It took ages to get my money back.

0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2750
    I’ve returned a couple of things and the only hassle I had was it took about 3 weeks iirc.    
    I just rang them up and they explained it took a while for the returns/service people to get to it.  

I suspect these firms invest a lot more in sales people than servicing so they have a backlog and have to at least check the returned item is all there etc.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • It took around 1 month to get my money back from them.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Just got through on the phone…..it looks like the address in the UK is just correspondence and a transit warehouse …..everything happens in Holland…..so the bass has to get over there, get checked and then they will refund…..so fingers crossed  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • PennPenn Frets: 623
    Well I think I will avoid buying from them. Thanks for the info. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • So will I in future …..
  • Although Thomann operate in a similar fashion but with superb comms and help 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9571
    A bit slow with delivery and refunds, but otherwise Bax are good.
  • DumodalDumodal Frets: 490
    Took about one month and a half to get my refund, and that's me calling them twice every week (if you get lucky they pickup the phone) best way to have some customer service help is via Facebook.
  • I bought a guitar, played it until the frets sprouted out, sent it back within the 30 days ( no quibble, painless) and got refunded within another 30. I had 0 pounds on my credit card so it didn't cost anything. 
  • nero1701nero1701 Frets: 1440
    edited January 27
    Although Thomann operate in a similar fashion but with superb comms and help 
    I disagree..

I bought an amp...30th Nov..took 3 weeks to deliver, worked for a few hours and then popped 2 sets of 6v6's.

Was collected 28th Dec..I've had to chase, email, phone, online chat..

Yesterday they agree'd to refund..and now I see the've made a credit note rather than refund, will need to get back onto them monday.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Fingers657Fingers657 Frets: 657
    edited January 28
    The company I’ve found to be excellent with problems fast refunds and cancellation of order refunds is dv247 Music store in Cologne Germany and big store in Romford Essex..
    Always available on the phone in Romford.
    Much better than Thomann or Bax.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 986
    The company I’ve found to be excellent with problems fast refunds and cancellation of order refunds is dv247 Music store in Cologne Germany and big store in Romford Essex..
    Always available on the phone in Romford.
    Much better than Thomann or Bax.
    Cheers @Fingers657 I need to try some Thomastik-Infeld flat wound strings & they look to be one of very few stores that stock them. I’m considering getting a book too, but am worried it might get bashed about coming from Germany.
  • Just starting a return with Bax...will share how it goes...
  • Sharky77Sharky77 Frets: 211
    Yeah it was a right hassle getting a refund.

What happened to me is they waited to reply to my returns email until after 30 days had passed and then said because it's been more than 30 days I wasn't eligible for a refund. I couldn't believe it. I had to screenshot the previous email with the date showing to prove it and they said they couldn't find the email even though they literally replied to it. Was probably 3 months from my initial returns email before I got my refund. 
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    If they are dragging their heels just make a PayPal claim imo

Same thing happened to me - they shipped the wrong guitar. To be fair to Bax the box had never been opened so it must have been mislabelled at the factory. Anyway, sending it back to them was not a problem but I chased and chased for my refund to no avail. Eventually opened a PayPal claim and had my money back within a day or two
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2359
    Sharky77 said:
    Yeah it was a right hassle getting a refund.

What happened to me is they waited to reply to my returns email until after 30 days had passed and then said because it's been more than 30 days I wasn't eligible for a refund. I couldn't believe it. I had to screenshot the previous email with the date showing to prove it and they said they couldn't find the email even though they literally replied to it. Was probably 3 months from my initial returns email before I got my refund. 
    Just to add balance to what @Fingers657 said, MusicStore tried that on me years ago. From what I can remember, they never answered the emails and then by the time I got a hold of them, it was too long and I had to make do with a credit note.
  • BlueingreenBlueingreen Frets: 2600
    Had similar experiences.  They sold me a strap on Ebay which they claimed was in stock, then sent me a message that it was out of stock and would take weeks to arrive.  So I cancelled the order and got the strap elsewhere.  They promised to process the refund.

Next thing I know they had delivered a strap, which I refused to accept or sign for.  They claimed to have despatched the strap within an hour of telling me it was out of stock.  A couple of emails went back and fore and I threatened to take it up with Ebay.  Eventually they paid the refund.

Could have just been right hand not knowing what the left hand is doing but I suspect they were deliberately throwing some grit in the machinery in the hope they could hold on to the money.
    “To a man with a hammer every problem looks like a nail.”
  • Promised to report back on my returns experience. Approx £120 pedal, bought 2nd Feb, arrived 6th Feb, requested return 6th, emailed return label 7th and posted, return received by Bax 8th, refunded in my account 13th... So all good for me at least
  • Bats_Bats_ Frets: 78
    I had some issues a while back. I bought an amp and the footswitch was missing. 

They tried to say that as it was not pictured it was not supposed to be with it, even though the description and manufacturer website said so!!!

I got the owner email and address and copied him in, sorted a few days later. 

His email is pretty easy to find.