Award Session Amps closing

What's Hot

Comments

• Sessionette was my first guitar amp back in 80s.  Decent enough.  Hope he enjoys his time off.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Modulus_AmpsModulus_Amps Frets: 2583
    tFB Trader
    Never owned a Sessionette, but I did buy some parts from him when I started out building amps 20 years ago. The fact he has been going as long as he has is an amazing achievement.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • JonathangusJonathangus Frets: 4541
    My first amp in 1988 was a Session Duette.  The pots are a bit scratchy, but it still works.  And I've got a bunch of their cables, which are excellent.

Enjoy your well-deserved retirement, @Sessionman .
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

• MusicwolfMusicwolf Frets: 3659
    Mid 80’s I was playing in a band where I (bass in those days) and both guitarists were all using Session amps.  I can remember talking to Stewart before purchasing my bass amp about whether I should go for the 1x15 or 4x10.  They were the same price but the 4x10 cost him more to make - so that’s what I went for.  Gave me years of reliable service.
  • DodgeDodge Frets: 1445
    @Sessionman - enjoy your retirement.  What a legacy.

• TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3222
    Damn it, often wondered about these. 
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10418
    edited February 1
    I had lunch with Stuart 2 weeks ago. Lovely guy who shared some circuits with me and gave me some useful advice.  

I doubt that’s the complete end, he’s sharp as a tack and very refreshing in a world that just wants to repeat the same old Fender circuits from yesteryear. 
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • longjawlongjaw Frets: 423
    If I was still gigging I would be very tempted to get a Blues Baby 45.
  • thomasw88thomasw88 Frets: 2328
    Their cables are the best...  sad news..
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 985
    That’s a shame as I was hoping to order the 5E3-EXTRA model when they got the Celestion A-Type speaker back in stock. Best of luck on your retirement @Sessionman !
  • Jazzy_JakeJazzy_Jake Frets: 132
    Sad news! I have been happily using a BluesBaby for the past 4 years as well as Cleartone cables. I'd better stock up on cables and order a 5e3 extra chassis while I can!

Hope you enjoy your retirement @Sessionman and thanks for your contributions and wisdom shared over the years.
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9684
    Enjoy your retirement @Sessionman ;
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
  • GreatapeGreatape Frets: 3578
    edited February 2
    duotone said:
    That’s a shame as I was hoping to order the 5E3-EXTRA model when they got the Celestion A-Type speaker back in stock. Best of luck on your retirement @Sessionman !
    Was thinking similarly

Yes, enjoy well-earned retirement @Sessionman
  • vasselmeyervasselmeyer Frets: 3672
    My first "proper" amp as a Sessionette 30. I gigged it for several years and remember it with affection, although I had no idea what I was doing at the time! If I recall, it was a little boxy but for pub gigs it kept up pretty well with an unmiced drummer...not bad for a solid state 30W combo!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12667
    Awwww. sad to see. Stuart is a one-off and I happily gigged his amps for years in many pubs and clubs - never once let me down. I bought a set of leads from him nearly 20 years ago - they are still just as perfect as the day I bought them. I even retired them a few years ago and replaced them with another set from Stuart - so I don't think I need any cables any time soon!

Enjoy the retirement, Stuart - and thank you. 
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9684
    edited February 2
    Greatape said:
    duotone said:
    Was thinking similarly

Yes, enjoy well-earned retirement @Sessionman
    I bought a 5E3-Extra last year and am very happy with it. I’d definitely recommend (if you can still get hold of one).
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
  • susbemolsusbemol Frets: 403
    Another sad thing is the likelihood that some chancers will start trying to sell his amps for more than they cost new from him soon after they close!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    edited February 3
    I have loved every minute of ownership of my Rockette 30 since purchasing in May 1986 - is a wonderfully toneful thing.

I will still evangelise over them regardless of Stewart retiring! Here's to the next 38 years of hassle free ownership (that should see me out!). @Sessionman ;

Good enough for Clapton...

<Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31611
    Sporky said:
    I had a JD10 pedal from them. It was very good indeed.
    I did a bit of live sound for Jerry Donahue a few years ago and his pedal sounded great direct to desk, even with me playing it.

That experience reopened my eyes to Session stuff as I'd found they had a bit of a "hard" feeling in the early 80s when I was a Marshall user. 

I bought a new 5E3-Extra a month or so ago and although it immediately felt right it's taken me a good few weeks to figure out how to get the best out of it, and now it's my first choice amp out of the four or five I normally use. It has subtly interactive gain controls which can be sparkly, farty, squishy or twangy, in a really natural, dynamic way. 

Enjoy your retirement @Sessionman you've earned it!