Award Session Amps closing

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Jazzy_JakeJazzy_Jake Frets: 132
    Does anyone own a BluesBaby and a 5e3 Extra? I have a BluesBaby and wondering if I should quickly get a 5e3 Extra chassis on order just so I have one before Stewart shuts shop.

Is there a big enough difference for it to be an essential purchase?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9684
    I’ve heard both at a local blues jam. I was impressed enough with the 5E3-Extra, that I sold some other stuff and ordered one. The BB was probably more versatile, but for my preferred genres (Chicago Blues, swing blues) I thought that the 5E3 was more suitable. To my ears it had the clarity / purity that I wanted.
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
  • This is sad news, I was ready to order one of these at the end of the month. Hopefully something comes up in the second hand market.
  • TattyTatty Frets: 0
    Got my 75 when they came out. Valves were the enemy to me at the time. A habit from the new wave..It felt very sharp in tone with my strat (I got that before punk). It’s often said pair a soft guitar with a bright amp. Les Paul with a Marshall for instance. So I will try a Gibson soon. But I roll off the tone with the Strat. Packs fair ol whack for a box this size. Happy semiretirement to the business owner and inventor. I have enjoyed my tranny amp all these years. 
  • Secret_SamSecret_Sam Frets: 278
    I wonder why he's just shutting down instead of selling?  Thorpy could buy it and branch out into amps.  Or Van Hayden?

Or Fender could buy it and shut it down, like they did with Hamer and SWR.
  • LittlejonnyLittlejonny Frets: 134
    Always liked the idea of these. My friend came round with one the other day. Sounded killer. Nice EQ section. Heavy!