IK Axe I/O One amp out question

Not sure if this is the right place for this, my Axe I/O one has an amp output, it supposed to be for re-amping but could I send a signal from it to the return of my effect loop (effectively using the Power Amp only) and then run Tonex on my Mac and output a software amp that way?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• From the user manual, so that would probably be a yes, depending on your effect loop signal compatibility.   

Among the features that make AXE I/O ONE the definitive guitarist interface is the re-amplification feature. The “AMP OUT” is a third physical output which is independent from main Output 1-2. With this output, you can feed a DI recorded guitar to external analogue stomps or a real amplifier, still being able to monitor the session from main Output (1-2). The external stomps (or the miked amplifier) will be connected back to Input to return into the DAW on a newly recorded track. The AMP OUT is a floating unbalanced output topology specifically designed to properly interface with guitar or bass amplifiers of any kind for maximum signal fidelity and integrity. This ensures the immunity from noises caused by ground loops with the Amps, so actually allowing re-amping without the typical associated noise/hum issues.

AXE_IO_ONE_User_Manual.pdf (ikmultimedia.com)
  • spev11spev11 Frets: 333
    Ta, I missed that completely when I was trying to work it out. I shall fire it up later and see how Tonex sounds through the return into the power amp section of the TH30 (the Crush 60 is currently poorly and on the bench)