Live one-shot hardware sample player

grappagreengrappagreen Frets: 1346
Hi all,

Anybody know of a device in ideally stomp format that can be used to import and play one-shot samples?

We do a few songs that could really be enhanced with this (intro to Dakota as an example) and would be great to have something on the pedal board that I could stomp on! We would run direct into PA.

Any help appreciated.

Si
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• brucegillbrucegill Frets: 724
    Sure you could program a Morningstar to send midi to virtually any sampler to cover your needs. 
  • grappagreengrappagreen Frets: 1346
    edited February 16
    brucegill said:
    Sure you could program a Morningstar to send midi to virtually any sampler to cover your needs. 
    Thanks mate.. I was looking for something more simple than that in honesty. I did this in the past but sold my Morningstar MC8 and sampler.

I don't know much about looping as such but could something like a Boss RC-5 be used? Sample beginning of Dakota with silence at the end (so I've got some thinking time to stop it!) and then just hit play and stop in the silence..

Si
  • brucegillbrucegill Frets: 724
    Hi mate. Don’t know anything about the boss, but if you get stuck on samplers, I can maybe help. Sure someone else will be along soon. 
  • digitech jamman (although the pc software is sluggish)
    boss RC series..

I used these in the past to fire a sample off on demand by foot.

now we get the drummer to do them on his alesis strike pad
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

brucegill said:
    Hi mate. Don’t know anything about the boss, but if you get stuck on samplers, I can maybe help. Sure someone else will be along soon. 
    Thanks - appreciate it
    digitech jamman (although the pc software is sluggish)
    boss RC series..

I used these in the past to fire a sample off on demand by foot.

now we get the drummer to do them on his alesis strike pad
    Yes - after a bit of research looks like the RC-5 can be set to one-shot and is super compact so will prob go down this route..
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6897
    edited February 16
    Roland SPD one WAV pedal would do this. Holds up to 12 samples, but only play one at a time.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • borntohangborntohang Frets: 144
    Akai MPX8 is cheap and cheerful. I have one gaffa'd to the top of my keyboard for sample shots and pad loops which reads off a standard SD card and then you just assign a sample wherever you need it. The only downside is loading samples takes a while depending on file size so it's not particularly convenient to switch between 'kits' of 8 sounds mid-show if they aren't perc hits.

If you want stomp you're probably limited to the Boss RC5 or Jamman.