Is there an amp....

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• HX Stomp would get my vote for that.
    Not sure he can stretch to one of those, think the NUX is the more appealing option right now.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LestratcasterLestratcaster Frets: 1087
    So the Katana :Go has been released, as seen in other threads. This may be a better option for him esp for weekly lessons.

I've managed to schedule a little test session later in the week with a user on a FB group who's just bought one. All the way from the US so this would be a realistic example of whether it'd work for us.

I think in Windows if you set a stereo mix one can be the Go via USB and the other the headset mic but I'm yet to try this.
  • LestratcasterLestratcaster Frets: 1087
    Just a little update, we had the test session a few ours ago with his newly purchased Katana:GO. We discovered a few things:

- The :Go and a mic cannot be used at the same time (he was using a headset mic). However its possible to switch between the two inputs via the mic settings within the platform I use to teach lessons. So when he needs to speak he selects the mic, when he needs to play he selects the :Go. Might take away the flow though cos he can't use both at the same.

- Splitter cable method didn't work out the headphone out. 

- The loop back method caused bad latency as the guitar was out of time with the playback audio.

- He had a Zoom L-8 Live track mixer thing which ran USB into the computer, and that worked well but it costs about £349 but would give him all the inputs he needs, as he can run backing tracks off his phone (Spotify/YouTube) etc.

Looks like he won't be able to get the full function of both inputs unless some money is spent, on an audio interface, or some form of USB small mixer.

If anyone knows a way the Windows soundcard accepts 2 USB sources to use together I'd be interested to know. That way he could use a USB-mic and then the :Go into another port.