SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS/FT SOLD Gibson 61 SG Standard £1200 (2021), Rexter 65 Tele SOLD £650

What's Hot
floeighty2floeighty2 Frets: 159
edited April 15 in Guitars £
Hello all of the collective. 

Reluctant sales, but I’m just not good enough to have multiple guitars nowadays and I’m going to move to pretty much one, so these two (and some of my favourites ever) are on the block. 

Firstly, a Gibson SG Standard 61 with sideways vibrola in cherry red. Bought this not so long ago and I really like it. The plan was to lock down the trem with a mojoaxe kit, just didn’t get around to it. Replaced the truss rod cover with a Les Paul (a Gibson one not an eBay special)  to make it a bit more like the original 61’s and an amber switch tip which I seem to always do… Anyway, the plastic is still on the pickguard and it’s in pretty much as new condition.  I also am 99% sure it’s a one piece body if that makes any odds to anyone.  I picked this one out of 4 identical offerings as it was the most resonant unplugged and felt the best in hand.  So all in all, a lovely guitar.  Going to say £1200 SOLD

Next, and this one is special (well, I think so), an aged, Candy apple red 65 tele based off of Jason Isbell’s  Fender 65 tele that he uses and talks about on his rig rundowns. I’m a bit of an Isbell nut, and I fell in love with that tele so asked Jon @rexter to build me one!  It has the undercoats the same as Isbells 65 so goes, primer, silver, gold, red and there’s arm wear through so indicate as per Jason’s.  The guitar is reliced, so lots of lacquer cracks and the hardwear also aged.  I genuinely think it is one of the best guitars I have ever had.  I’m a massive telecaster fan and the only reason this one is going over my last remaining tele is sentimental reasons.  Fitted with Q Pickups which are fairly hot, rosewood board, 9.5 radius, I’d say a chunky C shape.  Nothing more you could want from a tele and this one is a very hard to let go so I may withdraw unless someone gets in there sharp! I think I’m asking a fair £650 SOLD 

Any questions I’ll happily answer as soon as I can.  Got some pics of the tele and I’ll get the SG ones when I’ve got a second. 

My ideal is a Maybach Goldrush 90 where I’d be happy to trade both the guitars plus a little cash for that particular model.  Other options are a Maybach Lester 59 Midnight Sunset or Goldtop,  and a Jazzmaster.  Matching the condition of the SG would be ideal (I realise the Maybachs are already aged, but you know what I mean).  May be persuaded by a nice gold top Gibson Les Paul with a preference towards P90s but will look at humbucker versions too. 

Thanks! 

Rexter tele 

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• floeighty2floeighty2 Frets: 159
    Humpty bumpty 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Sat, on a wall…
    Humpty bumpty still on the wall it seems 
  • bobaccobobacco Frets: 535
    These are both great, but especially that SG. GLWTS!

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Thanks very much @bobacco !
  • lentolento Frets: 116
    edited February 28
    What a shame (for me...) that your SG has a sideways vibrola. And ... you're in Manchester ... It's an attractive price too. GLWTS 
    The vibrola helps with neck dive and it’s the prettiest at doing that I think.  I was always going to block the vibrola off if I was keeping it @lento and I bought it with that intention from the outset. And it looks really cool 
    Price drop on the tele bump. I may trade the tele for an amp for home use, was thinking a Fender Tonemaster Deluxe Reverb maybe, but outright sale preferred. 
    Price drop on both, think there both sitting at very good value! 
  • Jabba74Jabba74 Frets: 51
    The Gibbo looks very nice indeed. GLWTS
  • bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1385
    that finish on the tele is wonderful. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    bbill335 said:
    that finish on the tele is wonderful. 
    Yeah, it’s really cool. The layering of the silver, gold and candy apple red is great. It’s how Fender were doing it in 1964/65 along with just silver or just gold underneath. 
    Bit of interest, but not takers yet. Except for @Treewig1 as I’m still debating the option! 
    Final bump
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Maybe not the final bump. Things change so off we go! Don’t think I mentioned but SG does come with case and all candy. No case for the tele sorry. 
    Price dropped on the SG.  Am I way out price wise?? Rexter is a lot of guitar for the money, but maybe I’m wrong. 
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27138
    edited March 15
    That Tele looks epic quite honestly. And a great price

If I hadn’t built my own last year I’d be very keen. Frankly I’m still slightly keen…
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    That Tele looks epic quite honestly. And a great price

If I hadn’t built my own last year I’d be very keen. Frankly I’m still slightly keen…
    Thanks for that. Glad to know it’s sitting right and it’s appealing as I think it very much is! 
    Sunday bump. 
    Price drop bump. I’ll drive a little to meet for the SG for some petrol cash and I can possibly post the tele (although I’d always prefer an in hand deal) if the buyer organises their own courier.