Amp choices.... advice?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• thebreeze said:
    I’d be very interested to see what you think @paulmapp8306, I think Coda stock them
    but they’re not made in great numbers as each one is individually built by Mark Bartel.  Mark Bartel was the maker behind Tone King amps before selling up.  I have a very early Imperial which I really like (35 years old now) which led me to explore the Bartel.  The Bartel is just as good and then some.
    I forgot to mention that I’ve heard it said, maybe even from Mark Bartel himself, that any guitar will sound good through his amps but that they particularly suit single coils.
    The quality and scope of sound are such that pedals (on the whole/from my perspective) cease to be necessary in my experience, which feels very liberating!
    Ill still need pedals lol.  I use Delay and modulation heavily at times

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thebreeze said:
    I’d be very interested to see what you think @paulmapp8306, I think Coda stock them
    but they’re not made in great numbers as each one is individually built by Mark Bartel.  Mark Bartel was the maker behind Tone King amps before selling up.  I have a very early Imperial which I really like (35 years old now) which led me to explore the Bartel.  The Bartel is just as good and then some.
    I forgot to mention that I’ve heard it said, maybe even from Mark Bartel himself, that any guitar will sound good through his amps but that they particularly suit single coils.
    The quality and scope of sound are such that pedals (on the whole/from my perspective) cease to be necessary in my experience, which feels very liberating!
    got into Coda today...  An early start work wise with a job in Milton Keynes - which we got done really quickly (by 10 am).  Technically still on call until 2,  but too k the risk Id have to come away.  Made sense as I was already most of the way from Nottingham.

tried a few things, and the Bartel was my 2nd favorite - certainly better than the Tone King (Imperial).    My Fav was a Two Rock - it was the Studio Pro though (not the current studio signature), then didnt had a sig in .   I didnt try the big reverb either, but was enough to know that the Two rock is my choice over the Carrs, tone kings, Bartels I tried.

Now - Ill have to have a trip to peach, as I want to test the TR against a Drz at least. Id also like to test against a Hamstead - but I dont know anywhere that stocks both Hamstead and TR.

Its a start.

Even the Studio will likely need an attenuator, though it sounded decent low -  so the big sig reverb is an option despite its wattage.  The couple of vids Ive seen comparing them- there didnt seem much in it, but as Peach will have both I can try myself.

• thebreezethebreeze Frets: 2804
    Good to hear you got to try some amps out and thanks for sharing your thoughts.  I haven’t played a TR but I’ve a feeling they’d suit me.