Using IRs

What's Hot
andyg_prsandyg_prs Frets: 57
edited February 24 in Live
I currently use an Engl Ironball through a CaptorX.  For many pub gigs there is either no decent PA or anyone to do sound.  One band is Americana with 3 singers and multiple acoustic instruments so all efforts are in controlling sound / feedback for those - I need to be as self sufficient as possible.

With the CaptorX I send one XLR to PA or a powered speaker hitting the audience.  Then I use the second XLR to monitor facing me - I have 2 or 3 methods of controlling the volume of that monitor but most recently have used an XLR in/out volume pedal I built.  

I'm thinking of going to the Ironball SE with built in IRs.  It also has built in delay / noisegate so would help me reduce the size of my pedalboard.  It has a single XLR output for the IR feed.

I'm thinking what I'd do for the monitoring level.  I'd rather not introduce a mini mixer (I have a Behringer Xenyx 1202) as this perhaps defeats part of the object of the Ironball SE.

I think most monitors have a through XLR jack.  So could I go Ironball SE > Monitor XLR in > Monitor XLR thru > XLR volume pedal > FoH?

Any better solutions for controlling the level of the monitoring?  I have got an SRM 150 but that's a mini monitor that needs to be mic stand mounted or otherwise pointed at your head.....and then  you have to reach over to its controls to change volume mid performance...

Thanks,
Andy
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments