Nobles ODR-1

What's Hot

Comments

• I did a big ole shootout recently with 5 different ones and I think the gold Nobels is the best value but the Vemuram was the one I kept.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3876
    I did a big ole shootout recently with 5 different ones and I think the gold Nobels is the best value but the Vemuram was the one I kept.
    Which ones did you try, Dan? Tempted to snag a gold Nobels, but I need true bypass. Don't want to spend Shanks money. Wampler Belle no good?
  • NicoAdieNicoAdie Frets: 30
    Love mine, I had an OD-3 previously to fulfil that low gain OD purpose, but much prefer the Nobels, less shrill and the spectrum control works beautifully.
  • Thanks folks. It's my birthday today so feeling totally indulgent (!)  The gold one seems v appealing with the extra parameter. Any better deal than £129?  
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7427
    edited February 27
    Shipwreck said:
    Thanks folks. It's my birthday today so feeling totally indulgent (!)  The gold one seems v appealing with the extra parameter. Any better deal than £129?  
    Hadnt heard of that but it looks ace. Imho it needs the bass control - it was way too much low end for me which is I guess why the BC version exists (and that gold one, and the Nordland)

I did love the character of the drive though 
    Red ones are better. 
  • Lebarque said:
    I did a big ole shootout recently with 5 different ones and I think the gold Nobels is the best value but the Vemuram was the one I kept.
    Which ones did you try, Dan? Tempted to snag a gold Nobels, but I need true bypass. Don't want to spend Shanks money. Wampler Belle no good?
    Green Nobels, Gold one, ODS, Belle and Atom. 

I have tried a bunch of Wampler and never liked anything I have tried for some reason. Odd as I know most love them. 

Juno had the Gold one cheapest when I looked again. I would say it was mighty close to the Vemuram so go for that if you don’t want to pay the extra (which is a lot more to be fair). 
  • so I've been back on this forum for less than a week and already bought my first pedal since 2021.... 
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I bought one a while ago and love it. I was using a klon clone before but didn't get on with it. This I find is perfect for an always-on drive or to give just a bit more gain. It can get quite dirty if you want it to though
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17630
    tFB Trader
    I had one and it sounded really nice, but it had so much bass it wasn't usable with my setup. 

I'd try a BC version. 
  • ShipwreckShipwreck Frets: 60
    edited February 29
    PXL-20240229-131231728-01 First impressions are pretty good. I've been looking for something between my always on pre amp pedal and a wall of sound fuzz - this feels tactile and tasteful. (Dare I say "amp like"...?"
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3876
    Lebarque said:
    Green Nobels, Gold one, ODS, Belle and Atom. 

I have tried a bunch of Wampler and never liked anything I have tried for some reason. Odd as I know most love them. 

Juno had the Gold one cheapest when I looked again. I would say it was mighty close to the Vemuram so go for that if you don’t want to pay the extra (which is a lot more to be fair). 
    So I tried the Shanks at The Guitar Show. Presume we are talking about the Shanks ODS-1 here? It was excellent. Sigh....the cost. No love for the Atom, @dangriffiths ? I ideally want true bypass. Or do I just suck it up and get the gold one?
  • smudge_ladsmudge_lad Frets: 668
    Lebarque said:
    I ideally want true bypass. Or do I just suck it up and get the gold one?
    Or the Nordland ODR-C / C+
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16103
    I love the circuit ........great OD but the original is just too Bass Boomy to be useable with anything
    The Nordland with the Bass cut / Spectrum control and EQ is just perfect
  • ChrisCox1994ChrisCox1994 Frets: 368
    get the bass cut one, or if youre feeling fancy get the nordland ODR-C

Haven't tried the Keeley thing but that looks great as well.
    https://www.gbmusic.co.uk/

PA Hire and Event Management
  • dangriffithsdangriffiths Frets: 572
    Atom was the weakest of the bunch for me - partly as it seemed to have less usable range on controls. If you want to try it without spending much then gold is the best way. 
  • daveyhdaveyh Frets: 684
    Dominic said:
    I love the circuit ........great OD but the original is just too Bass Boomy to be useable with anything
    It’s extremely useable with a tele, which is exactly why it got popular in Nashville. 

• DoctorXDoctorX Frets: 366
    Not just Tele’s, Bukovak uses ODR-1’s with Les Paul’s, ES-335’s and just about every other type of guitar under the sun.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ShipwreckShipwreck Frets: 60
    Dominic said:

I'm really enjoying the bass pot on the gold model. It helps fine tune the low end in conjunction w/the spectrum dial for different pickups etc 
  • EmielEmiel Frets: 214
    DoctorX said:
    Not just Tele’s, Bukovak uses ODR-1’s with Les Paul’s, ES-335’s and just about every other type of guitar under the sun.
    I remember Bukovac saying that he doesn't have any problem with the pedal being bass heavy as he cuts a lot of bass on his amps (I guess this comes from being a session man).

I had the ODR-1 BC and the Nordland ODR-C and currently own the Karma ODR-10 and the Nobels Gold Anniversary. The Karma is classic Nobles, really big and bass heavy sounding, but at the moment the Gold Anniversary is my favourite. I don't know what Nobels changed internally but even with the bass cut off it is a lot less bassy and more open sounding than the others. 
  • DoctorXDoctorX Frets: 366
    edited March 14
    The gold one is fantastic. I got one last month and got a Kingsley Harlot around the same time. I was surprised by how much I preferred the gold Nobels over the Kingsley. It’s very quickly become my favourite overdrive (I bought a second one so I can have one on each of my pedalboards).