New Epi Firebirds

What's Hot
Very nice:

Loving the 1s, especially the silver. These should be a hit; Bonamassas signature goes for a fair amount now.

Inspired by Gibson Custom | Epiphone
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27282
    These honestly look fantastic, though I'd personally prefer a III. 

If the V came in the colours of the I I'd be in serious danger!
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3008
    Oh Jesus that Firebird 1 in the Heather 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • timmypixtimmypix Frets: 2432
    One thousand seven hundred pounds. 

For an Epiphone out of the same factory built to the same standards as all other Epiphones. 

I know they're trying to raise the prestige of the brand but doing it by creating false scarcity (Firebirds currently being CS only) rather than increasing the quality or value of the product is.. well it's transparent, for starters, among many other things. 

Am I going mad to think that's absurd? 
    Tim
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 18reaction image Wisdom
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 19049
    They look great, but I'm finding the prices a bit 'ouchy' too.  Heather looks a lot like Burgundy Mist  ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3096
    Hopefully the Gibson Garage could knock up a decent "Gibson" TRC for one of these ;)
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • lovestrat74lovestrat74 Frets: 2536
    What does Neck Profile 1963 Firebird mean? Why can't they just measure the bloody neck profiles? Surely it is not that difficult...
  • Gerz6558Gerz6558 Frets: 778
    Still rocking those laurel fretboards and poly finishes at £1699. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 11reaction image Wisdom
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31692
    timmypix said:
    One thousand seven hundred pounds. 

For an Epiphone out of the same factory built to the same standards as all other Epiphones. 

I know they're trying to raise the prestige of the brand but doing it by creating false scarcity (Firebirds currently being CS only) rather than increasing the quality or value of the product is.. well it's transparent, for starters, among many other things. 

Am I going mad to think that's absurd? 
    I know everyone is going to harp on the price, but yes, it is absurd.
    My Bonamassa Firebird was £499 new not that long ago, and like every other Epi I've worked on was made from that horrible, weird, damp-feeling "mahogany", which I wouldn't have cared about except the neck never settled down, despite the laminated construction. 
    I got shot of it in the end, I was adjusting the truss rod every couple of days for months. 
  • GavRichListGavRichList Frets: 7219
    Yeah, let’s call a spade a spade - the price is an absolute piss-take and it’s time we all just conscientiously objected and let them stay unsold. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 12reaction image Wisdom
  • DumodalDumodal Frets: 507
    Damn how much are they gonna charge for the Dave Grohl now £1799, £1899? 

They look fantastic but you can get better in the used market, you can actually snatch an used Gibson Firebird for that money.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27282
    Ah I think I saw prices with U.K. VAT…
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2339
    Gerz6558 said:
    Cannot believe it's a laurel board at £1699. Absolute insanity.

They look great but I predicted maybe £1000 with USA pickups...

Oh well, I'm not even shocked now. I'll be shocked if the market continues like this though. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • HenrytwangHenrytwang Frets: 473
    Guitars look,good but I can’t get used to the stupidity high prices being asked. 

• stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7175
    A fool and his money... (again)

They build Epiphones in the same factory as other famous cheap budget brands, so I cannot see how these prices are justified.
  • Gerz6558Gerz6558 Frets: 778
    Gerz6558 said:
    Cannot believe it's a laurel board at £1699. Absolute insanity.

They look great but I predicted maybe £1000 with USA pickups...

Oh well, I'm not even shocked now. I'll be shocked if the market continues like this though. 
    The problem I have is that these prices are slap bang in Eastman territory as well.

These Epiphones will be trading on the famous Gibson visuals which the likes of Eastman can't copy outright. Every other area the Eastman's will annihilate these.

It's like they know that they don't have to compete with Eastman in the quality stakes, and the visuals will trump all. Arrogant gits.
  • ElectricXIIElectricXII Frets: 1159
    How much?!!
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4727

You can get the standard Epiphone Firebird for less than £600 and they are supposed to have proper alnico blade pickups now that are more authentic than some of the Gibson ones.  
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7175
    edited February 27
    The new Thunderbird '64 basses they announced are better value, at £849 when compared to these Firebird prices 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5452
    Insanity. I probably would have considered one even as high as £1199 or so with this construction.  But it’s a mega bad “investment” at that price. Will be interesting to see if they actually move, because the well-heeled sure aren’t buying Epiphones. 
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3347
    edited February 27
    As someone on the lookout for an EPi VII firebird  (they want £900 used for those!!!) I got excited for these but at that price with laurel boards you would have to be insane to buy one. 
    The first guitar I gigged with properly was a bolt on Epi FB III, it was an Ok guitar for the money (£280 in 95/96) but I knew it wasn’t built too good , the fact the plastic washers in the tuners all cracked inside a year and the low E nut fell off on its own backed that up. 
    Still it sounded good, was well fretted and the rosewood board was nice. They want nearly £500 for the old bolt ons and that’s insane too. 
    Still want another FB but I’ll not buy these at those prices.  I bought a brand new Revstar standard two weeks ago, fantastic build quality for £660! It went back in the end but not because it wasn’t worth the money. 
    Epiphone have gone loco.