Dave Myers (Hairy Biker)

What's Hot

Comments

• Fishboy7Fishboy7 Frets: 2205
    Ah, that's a shame.  Seemed like a sweet guy.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6394
    Always struck me as a really likeable & genuine bloke. Loved the pair of them. Very sad !
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • JonathangusJonathangus Frets: 4558
    Well, that sucks.  With the new series being broadcast, I figured he was recovering.  A lovely guy, taken much too soon.
    RIP, Dave.
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

• FledermausFledermaus Frets: 180
    Damn. I was only wondering the other day (due to catching* a couple of old shows) how he was….. I did love their shows, on telly and Planet Rock.

as has been said, they came across as so genuine and down to Earth……
    RIP Dave

• WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9583
    My word, that’s really sad.

A cracking guy. And the two of them together were as funny as fuck.
  • swillerswiller Frets: 1247
    Loved all their series and went too young in this day and age. I think he wore slippers regularly as well.
    RIP.
    Dont worry, be silly.
  • thumpingrugthumpingrug Frets: 2930
    Very sad news.  I said hello to him once at a Marillion gig.  Genuinely a lovely bloke.  

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27139
    Really sad - he always seemed like such a lovely guy. Also responsible for the best palak paneer recipe I've ever made

As for the "losing the fight" - you never lose. If you die you take the cancer with you, so I make that a draw...
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12389
    That’s maybe the end of tv things for Si too, they were always a double act. So obviously very good mates first, rather than two random guys thrown together, which just made it work so much better. Loved their Planet Rock show as well as the tv shows. 

RIP Dave. 
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16298
    boogieman said:
    That’s maybe the end of tv things for Si too, they were always a double act. So obviously very good mates first, rather than two random guys thrown together, which just made it work so much better. Loved their Planet Rock show as well as the tv shows. 

RIP Dave. 
    I think Si has already said it’s the end of it, he’s not going to be The Hairy Biker. 

Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • JfingersJfingers Frets: 375
    I'm genuinely really rather upset about the news, Dave and Si have been a feature in my life for years with their shows and recipe books. I think I'll make something from their pie book at the weekend.

RIP Dave.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23009
    boogieman said:

RIP Dave. 
    I think Si has already said it’s the end of it, he’s not going to be The Hairy Biker. 
    Trying to continue with the series would be weird - and wouldn't work - but I hope he'll still put in the odd appearance on things like Saturday Kitchen. or even other shows where he's not specifically appearing as a "celebrity chef".  Of course he might be happy to just retire and do his own thing, in which case good luck to him.
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7344
    Hearty stew on the menu in full honour... Sad news indeed
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    My cousin put a lovely tribute to him on the other fb, because he gave her first TV break back in the days when he was a make up designer for television, who would have known (apart from wiki I guess) - certainly not me, and indeed it turns out he was a lovely person
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3914
    The wife and I were big fans, even went to see them on stage a few years back. I’m absolutely gutted. RIP.
  • Axe_meisterAxe_meister Frets: 4648
    I was reading he started his career as a makeup artist.
    He was the one who painted the white stripe on Adam Ants face for top of the pops.
    Really sad news. A pair of really normal people, no egos just enjoying life, music, bikes food and beer.
    Much better role models than the likes of Gordon Ramsay.
    Maybe time to cook one of their curries from their fantasic curry book.

• OffsetOffset Frets: 11889
    He and Kingy seem like genuinely lovely guys.  I was upset and a bit shocked when I saw the news - I thought he'd beaten the bastard disease.

God bless you Dave and RIP.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13569
    Philly_Q said:
    boogieman said:

RIP Dave. 
    Trying to continue with the series would be weird - and wouldn't work - but I hope he'll still put in the odd appearance on things like Saturday Kitchen. or even other shows where he's not specifically appearing as a "celebrity chef".  Of course he might be happy to just retire and do his own thing, in which case good luck to him.

he's also had more than his fair share of bad luck over recent times. 
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7899
    RIP 
    Wife cried when she heard.  
    Sad news. 
  • skullfunkerryskullfunkerry Frets: 4187
    Really sad - he always seemed like such a lovely guy. Also responsible for the best palak paneer recipe I've ever made

As for the "losing the fight" - you never lose. If you die you take the cancer with you, so I make that a draw...

Never heard that before, it choked me up a bit when I read it. Definitely stealing that! Fucking bastard cancer.
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)