Harley Benton guitar strings, any good ?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• TanninTannin Frets: 5450
    I haven't tried them, largely because of Thomann's insane postage policy (they will  courier-deliver a full-size guitar to my door me her in Oz for about $120 ... but for a single set of strings, you guessed it, the delivery charge is $120).

Chances are that they are something cheap from China. (No way they will be made by a big name.) Cheap Chinese strings are generally serviceable but not something you'd really want to put on a nice guitar unless you didn't have anything better. Their feel tends to be odd and the tone tends to be thin and less than impressive. Of course, on an electric where most of the tone comes from the pickups and pedals and amp, that might not matter much. On an acoustic, nearly all of the Chinese strings I've tried (quite a few now) have been perfectly usable but below average for sound and feel. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CavemanGroggCavemanGrogg Frets: 2997
    If you upgrade the ball ends on them, they're easily far far superior to any of the strings that Ernie Ball, D'Addirio, Fender, and all the other big brand names when it comes to strings.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • geordie01geordie01 Frets: 22
    I use them no problems at all
  • LionAquaLooperLionAquaLooper Frets: 1067
    mark123 said:
    I'm going to order something from Thommann so i was going to stick a few sets of strings on as postage is free , are the Harley Bentons for £1.29 any good ? I notice Pyramid do sets for around £4.00  any experience of using these brands ?leave alone ? Or half decent ?
    For £1.29 a set I don't know why you'd hesitate!  =)
  • mark123mark123 Frets: 1325
    mark123 said:
    I'm going to order something from Thommann so i was going to stick a few sets of strings on as postage is free , are the Harley Bentons for £1.29 any good ? I notice Pyramid do sets for around £4.00  any experience of using these brands ?leave alone ? Or half decent ?
    Because if i ordered 10 sets and they are a bag of shite i could of ordered 3 sets of pyramids which get great reviews.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2358
    mark123 said:
    In addition to what @mark123 rightly said, one reason why I always hesitated is because it's not so much the price of the strings that's the problem, but the time to restring. I hate restringing and basically avoid it. I'd be sickened if I spent the time restringing and then found the strings were terrible.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom