WTB a simple looper pedal

What's Hot
RockerRocker Frets: 4985
in FX
As per title, I am looking for a simple looper pedal and the simpler it is to use, the better.  A few years ago I had an RC-3 but found it too much to get my head around so it got moved on.

Thanks.
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SporkySporky Frets: 28348
    If you want easy to use, I'd go for something with two footswitches, otherwise you have to remember whether to tap, hold, or double-tap to do what you want. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3468
    I get that with the RC-3, the hold, double tap , single tap, I am sure its capable of a lot more than I can get out of it. It would be nice to have something that just loops when you put your foot on it.
    A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • LionAquaLooperLionAquaLooper Frets: 1090
    What's your budget and what do you need it to have? Just bare bones record, dub and play? Do you need to be able to save and recall your loops?

Right off the bat I'd recommend the Nux Loop Core. But if that's too complicated for you then the Mooer Groove Loop or Micro Loop. 

• steamabacussteamabacus Frets: 1266
    The MXR Clone Looper is a simple looper with the advantage of dual footswitches for play/stop and record/overdub (so no double tapping). Press and hold those footswitches for clear loop or undo/redo layer.

A few more bells and whistles hidden away 'under the hood' and external footswitch/expression pedal sockets should you want to progress to more adventurous looping once you've got the basics down.
  • m_cm_c Frets: 1241
    robgilmo said:
    I get that with the RC-3, the hold, double tap , single tap, I am sure its capable of a lot more than I can get out of it. It would be nice to have something that just loops when you put your foot on it.
    Get/make an expansion pedal for the RC3?

I've got an RC3, but I haven't used it in years, as I bought a Digitech Trio+, however when I did use it I found it, I did find the hold/tap thing a bit of struggle unless I was using it regularly. I should really have bought/made an expansion pedal for it, but I bought the Trio+ instead.
  • robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3468
    m_c said:
    robgilmo said:
    Get/make an expansion pedal for the RC3?

I've got an RC3, but I haven't used it in years, as I bought a Digitech Trio+, however when I did use it I found it, I did find the hold/tap thing a bit of struggle unless I was using it regularly. I should really have bought/made an expansion pedal for it, but I bought the Trio+ instead.
    You can apparently program them to do different things when the pedal is pressed, I dont use it enough for it all to sink in though.
    A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
  • Secret_SamSecret_Sam Frets: 277
    edited March 5
    TC Electronic Ditto X2.

One button for record or overdub.  One button for stop/clear. And a knob for loop level.

Job done.

You can use a switch to change the function of the stop button to trigger reverse or half speed, but I don't.