SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS/FT: Fender Hot Rod DeVille III Red October 212 with full Fromel mod pack

HaychHaych Frets: 5638
Throwing this out there to see if there's any interest.  I'm not desperate to sell but would prefer something smaller in terms of size, weight (although it's not that bad really) and volume.

This started life as a stock Hot Rod DeVille MKIII Red October, a limited edition of the amp with with red livery and a pair of Eminence Red Coat Wizard speakers - only 300 were made apparently ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

A few years ago it was modded with a full Fromel mod pack which has significantly changed its character.  At the same time as the amp was modded it was completely re-valved (and re-biased) with TAD valves, since then it's not had very much use.  It sounds particularly awesome but the drive and more drive channels have a lot less gain and the amp is much more vintage in tone.

Included with the mods was a global master volume mod, so it's useable at bedroom volumes and no longer suffers with the binary volume control that seemed the be the bane of all Hot Rod owners.

A couple of the chicken head knobs turned brittle and cracked so I replaced them with the blue ones you see in the pictures.  Apart from that and the fact that the red Tolex has faded somewhat in places, the amp is in extremely good condition.

Comes with the footswitch although I don't have the TRS cable that connects it to the amp since I never used it and it was already missing when I bought the amp.

Takes pedals really well and is plenty loud enough for pretty much any pub/club gig.

If it doesn't sell I won't be particularly upset but would also be interested in possible trades with cash on top in the other person's favour for a Deluxe Reverb of some flavour.

Will stick my neck out and ask £500 - I am aware that normally they don't command that much although a few on eBay recently have sold for similar.  Naturally collection only since it's rather bulky and heavy, but happy to accommodate a meet up within reasonable distance of NP16.

Thanks for taking a look.

There is no 'H' in Aych, you know that don't you? ~ Wife

Turns out there is an H in Haych! ~ Sporky

Bit of trading feedback here.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TravisthedogTravisthedog Frets: 1846
    Pmd 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HaychHaych Frets: 5638
    Bit of overdue cleavage bumpage.

There is no 'H' in Aych, you know that don't you? ~ Wife