Guitar Stores - Glasgow - Brokerage

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Mike58Mike58 Frets: 162
    The Guitar Trade Centre is THE place to go to for consignment Sales..I own it and here's why..
    We have a large showroom, a large social media reach..we offer part ex, finance, worldwide shipping, we post on Facebook, Reverb, ebay, gumtree, instagram and attend the UK wide Guitar shows.
    Most shops in Glasgow rely on footfall and don't do half of that stuff.
    We have a proven track record of selling guitars on consignment very successfully..if you want the best chance of your guitar selling then come in and see us and we will make it happen.
    If you are recommending anywhere else in Glasgow then you probably haven't done the research on the service the other places are offering you or did a comparison on "reach".
    As mentioned The Wee Guitar company don't take Trade ins or offer postage or finance.. Strungout don't do ebay reverb, marketplace, gumtree, Guitar shows or finance.
    GuitarGuitar don't do consignment Sales and neither do Merchant City Music.
    TGTC offer a 5 star selling service with EVERY platform used, finance, part exchange AND worldwide shipping.
    Basically what I said Jim !!!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JR-GibboManJR-GibboMan Frets: 59
    Strung Out aren't geared for off-site sales / shipping. I wanted to buy a guitar from them this week, I'm in Nottingham, and when I emailed asking if it was still available they responded asking me to buy a second hand case, arrange shipping and provide written agreement that I take full responsibility for the guitar once it had left their shop. I didn't go ahead with the purchase.

I pointed out that if you're advertising online then you really should be geared up for shipping.
    let me know what guitar it is and I'll ship it down for you no bother.
    JIM
    TGTC
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • guitarjack66guitarjack66 Frets: 1852
    The Guitar Trade Centre is THE place to go to for consignment Sales..I own it and here's why..
    We have a large showroom, a large social media reach..we offer part ex, finance, worldwide shipping, we post on Facebook, Reverb, ebay, gumtree, instagram and attend the UK wide Guitar shows.
    Most shops in Glasgow rely on footfall and don't do half of that stuff.
    We have a proven track record of selling guitars on consignment very successfully..if you want the best chance of your guitar selling then come in and see us and we will make it happen.
    If you are recommending anywhere else in Glasgow then you probably haven't done the research on the service the other places are offering you or did a comparison on "reach".
    As mentioned The Wee Guitar company don't take Trade ins or offer postage or finance.. Strungout don't do ebay reverb, marketplace, gumtree, Guitar shows or finance.
    GuitarGuitar don't do consignment Sales and neither do Merchant City Music.
    TGTC offer a 5 star selling service with EVERY platform used, finance, part exchange AND worldwide shipping.
    Great advert for your place there. That reminded of that fast talking voice over salesman in the likes of The Simpsons who shoots through the Ts and Cs rapidly.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dhaywood67dhaywood67 Frets: 112
    Strung Out aren't geared for off-site sales / shipping. I wanted to buy a guitar from them this week, I'm in Nottingham, and when I emailed asking if it was still available they responded asking me to buy a second hand case, arrange shipping and provide written agreement that I take full responsibility for the guitar once it had left their shop. I didn't go ahead with the purchase.

I pointed out that if you're advertising online then you really should be geared up for shipping.
    let me know what guitar it is and I'll ship it down for you no bother.
    JIM
    TGTC
    Jim, thanks for the very kind offer.
  • JR-GibboManJR-GibboMan Frets: 59
    Humboldt said:
    The Guitar Trade Centre looks promising (they certainly have a lot of followers on facebook). The link that @CloudNine provided states that, rather than work to an agreed brokerage commission, they just agree a reserve price with you and they take anything above that. No problem with that, per se, but I'd cry if I saw a £3k guitar advertised the next day at £4.5k. But I'm sure that they work within reasonable margins and certainly worth a visit. It's also a lot easier for me to drive to.
    I've sent you a message as after our phone call I thought you were coming into see me and have a discussion.
  • CloudNineCloudNine Frets: 4263
    Just to add to my previous post, The Guitar Trade Centre @JR-GibboMan ;sold another high end guitar (£5k+) for me just within the last week. Exactly the amount I wanted, no fuss whatsoever, phone call and money in my account straight afterwards. Hard to imagine a better service, and have had the exact same experience a good few times before. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom