Anyone in Kent with cabs I could play?

What's Hot
SixStringSageSixStringSage Frets: 135
Apologies if this is a strange request... I've just ordered an SC20H amp and am wondering what cab to get for it. I've heard mixed reviews about the accompanying cab from Marshall and think I'm pretty settled on v30s. But before ordering a heavy and expensive item, I'd like to play the amp through them to confirm it's what I'm after.

So to that end, does anyone here have a 1x12 or 2x12 cab with Celestion v30s that they'd be kind enough to let me put my amp into to hear it? (To be clear, I'm not asking to take them away or borrow them)
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ryanverbenaryanverbena Frets: 427
    If you don’t have any luck, just go to one of the big dealers and do it.

It’s probably just as easy to go to Anderson’s and try a bunch in one sitting. They sell the SC20h so you won’t even have to bring your own. 

You’ll probably feel more comfortable there than in a strangers home!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24369

It’s probably just as easy to go to Anderson’s and try a bunch in one sitting. They sell the SC20h so you won’t even have to bring your own. 

This!

I had that head. I mainly used it with some Eminence cones that were in a Jet City cab. Sounded great. Not as fizzy as V30.

It's also great with Greenbacks and the under rated G12-65. Not many stock cabs with the latter though.

OP - what sort of music do you play?
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7771
    If you go to a dealer chances are some of the speakers won't be broken in. Listen to some online demos of speakers. I've found them surprisingly useful. 

• SixStringSageSixStringSage Frets: 135

Anderton’s is where I bought the head, but you’re in an unnatural environment in that it’s a tiny room with absorbing materials, so you’re sitting inches away from the speaker 
  • noisepolluternoisepolluter Frets: 798
    I have an SC20H which I run through a Zilla ported 1x12 with a Creamback H-75 in it - the cab originally had a V30 but I prefer the Creamback. Definitely sounds bigger than the cab’s size would suggest. 

They come up reasonably often on here, as does the Fatbaby 1x12 and the Fatboy 2x12. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    I have an SC20H which I run through a Zilla ported 1x12 with a Creamback H-75 in it - the cab originally had a V30 but I prefer the Creamback. Definitely sounds bigger than the cab’s size would suggest. 

They come up reasonably often on here, as does the Fatbaby 1x12 and the Fatboy 2x12. 
    Good to know, thanks! I found someone selling a Fatboy 2x12 for a good price, but the oversized cab is too big for my space unfortunately. 

Good to know the 1x12 also sounds bigger. Do you think there would be any issues with sound being too focused in one direction in a live situation?
    Good to know the 1x12 also sounds bigger. Do you think there would be any issues with sound being too focused in one direction in a live situation?
    Not gigged it, but in a rehearsal/jamming situation in my mate’s workshop/cave with a drumkit, vocal PA and another amp, I was impressed by how consistent the projection was at varying angles. Definitely didn’t have a problem with it sounding beamy. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Not gigged it, but in a rehearsal/jamming situation in my mate’s workshop/cave with a drumkit, vocal PA and another amp, I was impressed by how consistent the projection was at varying angles. Definitely didn’t have a problem with it sounding beamy. 

Great. I have just bought a custom Zilla, it's a 1x12 vertical and oversized, so a larger cab than a normal 1x12. Hopefully it pairs nicely with the Marshall!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    What speaker is in it?

The SC20H is still really loud. I still used an attenuator at home even in 5W mode. The power section needs turning up a bit to get the bass working properly. Sounds a bit thin otherwise.
    Awesome. V30?
    What speaker is in it?

The SC20H is still really loud. I still used an attenuator at home even in 5W mode. The power section needs turning up a bit to get the bass working properly. Sounds a bit thin otherwise.

Awesome. V30?
    It has a Creamback in it
    Nice!