NGD - Pro II Stratocaster in Dark Knight + String Gauge - I'm clearly getting old :-)

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• strtdvstrtdv Frets: 2439
    10's on a Fender, 11's on a Gibson. I generally have the action pretty low so it's not hard to play. 
    Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE TASTE KITTENS!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BigPaulieBigPaulie Frets: 1107
    9s on all electrics. I don't own anything outside the typical 24.75" to 25.5" range.

12s on acoustics. I'm gonna try 11s soon enough.
  • Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2380
  • SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 1948
    Using 9s, the high E can be a bit of a pain in the ass to thread, so you have to be more careful it doesn't snap (partly why I use Rotos for the extra). 
  • BigPaulieBigPaulie Frets: 1107
    Schnozz said:
    Using 9s, the high E can be a bit of a pain in the ass to thread, so you have to be more careful it doesn't snap (partly why I use Rotos for the extra). 
    Really?

I don't change strings as often as I used to, but I genuinely can't remember the last time I snapped a string while changing. And that's without giving any special consideration to being careful whatsoever.
  • maw4neumaw4neu Frets: 559
    Schnozz said:
    I'd honestly forgotton that about Rotosound Strings . . . do they still give you an extra string ??
    Id just like to point out that, despite all the video and DNA evidence, it genuinely wasn't me, your Honour  ! 

• SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 1948
    maw4neu said:
    Schnozz said:
    I'd honestly forgotton that about Rotosound Strings . . . do they still give you an extra string ??
    Yep - Made in the UK too.
  • GoFishGoFish Frets: 1411
    edited March 23
    ditchboy said:
    If I ever feel the need to own two strats. I’ll buy another. Olympic white with a rw neck, change the pickguard for a mint green one, drop some fat 50s in and be happy. I do love that dark night colour though, very different. Very cool. Enjoy. 

If I get another Strat, that's probably what I'd do re: specs.

BigPaulie said:
    Schnozz said:
    Really?

I don't change strings as often as I used to, but I genuinely can't remember the last time I snapped a string while changing. And that's without giving any special consideration to being careful whatsoever.

I haven't snapped a string for a long time but I've been delaying string changes cause of my failing near sight. 9's are now near impossible for me to thread and wind and hold neatly without being blinded by the glare and unable to see the string around the post. I may as well do em with my eyes closed, which is perfectly possible but looks like the work of a teenage learner.

Anyway, enough about eyesight woes that I have to mention anytime this comes up.

HNGD and play it in good health.
    Ten years too late and still getting it wrong
  • 1Strat2many1Strat2many Frets: 53
    9.5’s on most Fenders and Musicman ALHH, 10’s on a Clapton Strat, AVRI 59 and most Gibsons, 11’s on a Gretsch and a 175
    Really enjoying the Pro II Stratocaster . . . mine is bang on weight at a fraction over 7 1/2 lbs, great neck, and I really love the pickups . . . Super Chuffed :-)
    Id just like to point out that, despite all the video and DNA evidence, it genuinely wasn't me, your Honour  ! 

• chris78chris78 Frets: 9312
    Love the colour. Looks amazing in the flesh.

9s? Nah. You need a bit of fight in a fender to get tone
    The Pro II Neck is a thing of beauty but, as nice as it is, its genuinely making my Left Hand ache . . . If I'm honest I prefer the older Standard Profile as its a bit slimmer . . . Its the only thing that I'm struggling with but the more you notice it the more it bugs you . . or should I say me ! . . . .  I think I'd probably get used to it if it was the only guitar I played but I play my Manson Evo and my 97 Telecaster equally, so the Stratocaster Neck is always fuller than the other two . .