Slash feat. Brian Johnson - "Killing Floor"

What's Hot

Comments

• S56035S56035 Frets: 1125
    Is this a cover or something new?  I quite like it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • S56035S56035 Frets: 1125
    Ignore me, I've watched the whole thing now.  Still like it.

• RabsRabs Frets: 2609
    tFB Trader
    S56035 said:
    Yeah.. One of the oldest blues songs about.. Well known versions by Hendrix and Zeppelin (but Zep called it the Lemon Song)). 
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2326
    The name of the album is embarrassing. This kinda stuff is pushing him away from the next generation of guitarists...IMO.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    S56035 said:
    Ignore me, I've watched the whole thing now.  Still like it.

I was gonna say  :D 
  • theatreanchortheatreanchor Frets: 1445
    A new Bonamassa in the making!
  • BillDLBillDL Frets: 7235
    Well I thoroughly enjoyed that.  Nice to hear Brian Johnson singing in a gravelly lower register, and I thought his timing was impeccable.  Slash's solo work was really crisp and nailed the whole groove.  Really cohesive and tight playing by all the artists.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • lovestrat74lovestrat74 Frets: 2526
    Think Steven Tyler stole that show
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    Rabs said:
    S56035 said:
    Yeah.. One of the oldest blues songs about.. Well known versions by Hendrix and Zeppelin (but Zep called it the Lemon Song)). 
    The video references that it is a Howling Wolf song. I don’t think Hendrix did it on any of his official albums but the Radio 1 version is well known. 

Anyway, perfectly good cover version but although I’d rather listen to the original. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    tFB Trader
    BillDL said:
    Well I thoroughly enjoyed that.  Nice to hear Brian Johnson singing in a gravelly lower register, and I thought his timing was impeccable.  Slash's solo work was really crisp and nailed the whole groove.  Really cohesive and tight playing by all the artists.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • lustycourtierlustycourtier Frets: 3328
    It’s largely forgettable until Steven Tyler appears. It’s great that legends are still motivated to this stuff though, and well done to slash to put these things together. 
  • GrumpyrockerGrumpyrocker Frets: 4136
    I really enjoyed that. I thought Slash sounded a lot like Jimmy Page for the solo.

• tone1tone1 Frets: 5166
    Brian Johnson doing his best Tom Jones impression…..Bloody great  <3
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4924
    Slash finally plays with a singer I can stand listening to!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • He definitely put together an all star cast for this.
    Going to be interesting.

I do feel that the album title and the artwork gave the wrong impression, I didn’t see it and think “this is a blues covers album with guest vocalists”. I thought it was going to be a new solo album like the first one with all different singers/collaborations before he set off down the path of producing the albums with Myles Kennedy & the Conspirators. That album had some cracking tunes on!
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22852
    I do feel that the album title and the artwork gave the wrong impression, I didn’t see it and think “this is a blues covers album with guest vocalists”. I thought it was going to be a new solo album like the first one with all different singers/collaborations before he set off down the path of producing the albums with Myles Kennedy & the Conspirators. That album had some cracking tunes on!
    I was curious about the artwork, so I went searching and found this.... a still from a (new) Austrian movie called Orgy of the Damned....

Disappointingly, the actual cover looks like an image from one of Sporky's AI threads.

Slash - Orgy Of The Damned Pre-Order  Crash Records
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 11704
    Against all expectations, I thoroughly enjoyed that too.  Aside from Slash, Johnson and Tyler who were the other musicians?
  • Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3423
    Excellent solo from Slash. Kinda country vibe to it.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22852
    Offset said:
    Against all expectations, I thoroughly enjoyed that too.  Aside from Slash, Johnson and Tyler who were the other musicians?
    I don't know if these are the people in the video because I don't recognise the names or the faces, but "Orgy of the Damned features former Blues Ball bassist Johnny Griparic and keyboardist Teddy Andreadis alongside newly recruited drummer Michael Jerome and singer/guitarist Tash Neal".

The concept's not really appealing to me at all, but for the Killing Floor cover Slash himself is actually doing something different, which took me by surprise.  I was expecting a top-hat-and-sunglasses equivalent of Santana's Guitar Heaven - Slash does Slash on a load of blues covers.
  • AlvinAlvin Frets: 416
    I really enjoyed that. I thought Slash sounded a lot like Jimmy Page for the solo.

Very similar to Alvin Lee i thought , the 335 may have contributed to that .