Slash feat. Brian Johnson - "Killing Floor"

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Philly_Q said:
    Offset said:
    Against all expectations, I thoroughly enjoyed that too.  Aside from Slash, Johnson and Tyler who were the other musicians?
    I don't know if these are the people in the video because I don't recognise the names or the faces, but "Orgy of the Damned features former Blues Ball bassist Johnny Griparic and keyboardist Teddy Andreadis alongside newly recruited drummer Michael Jerome and singer/guitarist Tash Neal".

The concept's not really appealing to me at all, but for the Killing Floor cover Slash himself is actually doing something different, which took me by surprise.  I was expecting a top-hat-and-sunglasses equivalent of Santana's Guitar Heaven - Slash does Slash on a load of blues covers.
    Oh boy, that Santana album. Santana over-plays the absolute shit out of everything.

I love Chris Robinson, Billy Gibbons, Paul Rogers, Brian Johnson, and Beth Hart’s voices so that’s already 6 out of 12. I don’t mind Gary Clark Jr. and Iggy Pop. I have no familiarity with Chris Stapleton, Dorothy, Tash Neal, or Demi Lovato. 
    1. The Pusher (feat. Chris Robinson)
    2. Crossroad Blues (feat Gary Clark Jr.)
    3. Hoochie Coochie Man (feat. Billy Gibbons)
    4. Oh Well (feat. Chris Stapleton)
    5. Key To The Highway (feat. Dorothy)
    6. Awful Dream (feat. Iggy Pop)
    7. Born Under A Bad Sign (feat. Paul Rogers)
    8. Papa Was A Rolling Stone (feat. Demi Lovato)
    9. Killing Floor (feat. Brian Johnson)
    10. Living For The City (feat. Tash Neal)
    11. Stormy Monday (feat. Beth Hart)
    12. Metal Chestnut
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22862
    Yes, it's good.  I like it.  I'm not saying I'm going to buy the album, but I will listen to it.
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6818
    Philly_Q said:
    Offset said:
    Against all expectations, I thoroughly enjoyed that too.  Aside from Slash, Johnson and Tyler who were the other musicians?
    I don't know if these are the people in the video because I don't recognise the names or the faces, but "Orgy of the Damned features former Blues Ball bassist Johnny Griparic and keyboardist Teddy Andreadis alongside newly recruited drummer Michael Jerome and singer/guitarist Tash Neal".

The concept's not really appealing to me at all, but for the Killing Floor cover Slash himself is actually doing something different, which took me by surprise.  I was expecting a top-hat-and-sunglasses equivalent of Santana's Guitar Heaven - Slash does Slash on a load of blues covers.
    Oh boy, that Santana album. Santana over-plays the absolute shit out of everything.

I love Chris Robinson, Billy Gibbons, Paul Rogers, Brian Johnson, and Beth Hart’s voices so that’s already 6 out of 12. I don’t mind Gary Clark Jr. and Iggy Pop. I have no familiarity with Chris Stapleton, Dorothy, Tash Neal, or Demi Lovato. 
    12. Metal Chestnut
    Dorothy (from the self titled band Dorothy) is an amazing blues rock singer, well worth checking her out.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3868
    Proper dad rock / blooz grandads
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3868
    Great Tom Jones impression by Brian Johnson
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GrumpyrockerGrumpyrocker Frets: 4136
    mrkb said:
    Philly_Q said:
    Offset said:

12. Metal Chestnut
    Dorothy (from the self titled band Dorothy) is an amazing blues rock singer, well worth checking her out.
    She did a great track on Nita Strauss' recent album.

• RoundwoundRoundwound Frets: 272
    Philly_Q said:
    Offset said:

Those two (Johnny and Teddy) have been in Walter Trouts band for several years now having previously played with Slash. Teddy was also GnRs keyboardist on the UYI tour…and plays mean harmonica too.
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7802
    Philly_Q said:
    Offset said:

Those two (Johnny and Teddy) have been in Walter Trouts band for several years now having previously played with Slash. Teddy was also GnRs keyboardist on the UYI tour…and plays mean harmonica too.
    Michael Jerome very associate with Richard Thompson's studio / touring band too. Quality drummer.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27003
    edited March 11
    I'll be honest.. I came here a couple of days late armed with a snarky comment about a signature Les Paul and some boring widdly pentatonics but that was the most enjoyable thing I've heard from the Slash camp in a long time. Could've been further improved with a little more swing a little less Tyler-harp (and a better band name!) but I quite liked it.   

And I'd totally buy that 335... 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4163
    Think Steven Tyler stole that show
    Steven Tyler is the greatest , well next to jagger 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stufisherstufisher Frets: 845
    @PotentialDonkey Chris Stapleton is a huge star of Country. Probably not on too many on tFB's list of faves but he is hugely well regarded.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27003
    stufisher said:
    @PotentialDonkey Chris Stapleton is a huge star of Country. Probably not on too many on tFB's list of faves but he is hugely well regarded.
    He's awesome. Serious guitarist and gearhead too. His main gear is a heavily beaten up LG-2 and a bunch of old Jazzmasters

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • LitterickLitterick Frets: 638
    He has a signature '62 Princeton.
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3623
    Personally I found the Slash and his pals version turgid.

This is the gold standard - JHE Fire and skill - live!

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14263
    tFB Trader
    Loved that - Heard it last night on the C Mathews Blues Show - Looking forward to the album

I'm not a Slash fan - Okay first G'n'R album was great and a few singles/tracks after were fine - But don't like his solo work - But you have to admire/respect what he has done for Gibson/Rock Guitar etc over the last 30 + years

However a few months ago I saw the BB King gig in London on video - And Slash surprised me - Far less gain - Far less 'Slash;' and more tasteful that suited the songs and situation - I thought the same about his work on this track - If you did not know who it was you would not say it was Slash 

Yes it is nothing new - But  done well, as per this track, then hard to beat such a song/groove/style/genre etc
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4819
    Love Slash, love Brian, it's a decent cover but it has that modern vibe that kills most stuff in that style of music. It's been quantised to death and most of the swing and groove removed. Which means it's technically great and as it's a such a good song it's still ace, but it's stiff and a bit lifeless. 

How long before Gibson releases a Slash Sig 335?!

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • gubblegubble Frets: 1746
    Boromedic said:

How long before Gibson releases a Slash Sig 335?!
    Came here to basically say the same thing....
    Is this just an advert for the upcoming Slash 335
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2409
    I love Slash, but these two tracks sound like blues by numbers. Hopefully, the overall album will be better.