Anyone near Falkirk?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• ElectricXIIElectricXII Frets: 1134
    Apologies for the delay in responding - engaging in Mothers Day activities is interfering with guitar-related stuff. :( ;)

Brief thought re. shipping - part of the problem is not knowing quite what case will fit?

A Mono Vertigo gig bag fits loads of guitars if you have one, or can borrow one. I use the semi-hollow Vertigo for my ES-335 and my LP Special.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8033
    Huge thanks to @Kalimna for viewing this on my behalf. Unfortunately, the guitar was not as described, so (as the saying goes), Adam made his excuses and left…

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

• BillDLBillDL Frets: 7343
    Was it that bad, or just overpriced for what it was?
  • KalimnaKalimna Frets: 1540
    Fretwear not amenable to re-crowning - notches on first few frets not unlike those on a nut. Quite high action (though unsure how much movement still left in bridge).
    Some movement on price, but not enough.
    Hence the excuses and leaving.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    edited March 27
    Hmmm.  Pity that.  I wouldn't have minded refretting it myself had the price been good enough.  It would probably have restored quite a nice guitar.  The proper functionality of the truss rod would have been crucial in the circumstances though, and that's not normally something you can sit about somebody's house piddling around with.  I would love to see a seller's face if someone turned up to view a guitar armed with a notched straightedge, Allen keys, screwdrivers and multimeter
    There's one on Reverb from Bristol for £399 at the moment and the frets look excellent.
    https://reverb.com/uk/item/15094305-lincoln-through-neck-electric-guitar-made-in-japan-1970s-80s
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18869
    BillDL said:
    Hmmm.  Pity that.  I wouldn't have minded refretting it myself had the price been good enough.  It would probably have restored quite a nice guitar.  The proper functionality of the truss rod would have been crucial in the circumstances though, and that's not normally something you can sit about somebody's house piddling around with.  I would love to see a seller's face if someone turned up to view a guitar armed with a notched straightedge, Allen keys, screwdrivers and multimeter
    There's one on Reverb from Bristol for £399 at the moment and the frets look excellent.
    https://reverb.com/uk/item/15094305-lincoln-through-neck-electric-guitar-made-in-japan-1970s-80s
    Dr. Who might be OK, but at a sale from 6 years ago we'll not be able to manage  ;)
    PS I hate it when this happens to me too  :#
    edited March 28
    Thank you for softening the blow to make me look less of an imbecile @Kittyfrisk. The truth is I'm a half-wit.  Go on, say it  Clearly I don't browse or buy anything through Reverb.  They don't make it terribly obvious that you have just happened on an old advert and try to warn you with a bold banner before you get all excited.  Yes, I can now see two places where it says "ended" and one gives the date, but people like me need a flashing Soho style banner as a warning.
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18869
    edited March 28
    BillDL said:
    Thank you for softening the blow to make me look less of an imbecile @Kittyfrisk. The truth is I'm a half-wit.  Go on, say it  Clearly I don't browse or buy anything through Reverb.  They don't make it terribly obvious that you have just happened on an old advert and try to warn you with a bold banner before you get all excited.  Yes, I can now see two places where it says "ended" and one gives the date, but people like me need a flashing Soho style banner as a warning.
    Nah, as I said, it happens to me all the time.
    Search engines seem to delight in showing you something that is apparently what you are looking for, but is out of stock, out of production, out of the country, is only available in multiples of 1000, etc.
    Reverb is particularly bad for items that have ended... as you know.
    Really bloody annoying, particularly when you are trying to help someone out  s
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14498
    Last weekend, a friend of mine bought a pre-owned Ibanez RG Prestige model from a well-known UK retailer. It has a graphic finish that was only available for a year or two. Search engines will find the advertisement. You can casually look at the photographs and read the description waffle. Only at the bottom of the listing do you encounter the dreaded caption, "This item is not currently available."

Feck, arse, knickers! 
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom