Anyone near Falkirk?

What's Hot
HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8033
I may need a wee bit of assistance re. collecting something…

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14498
    New car, caviar, four star, daydream.
    Think I'll buy me a football team.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18869
    Please tell me you didn't buy that pair of kelpie's on Gumtree, one previous owner, VGC?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CavemanGroggCavemanGrogg Frets: 3031
    I may need a wee bit of assistance re. collecting something…

I'm around 70 miles away from Falkirk, maybe 80 miles.
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8033
    New car, caviar, four star, daydream.
    Think I'll buy me a football team.
    Ahhh…you’ve just reminded me why I hate Pink Floyd. :D

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • maharg101maharg101 Frets: 697
    As long as your nae tellin' us to get tae Falkirk, then nae bother
    This one goes to eleven

Trading feedback here
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72490
    About 30 miles, if there’s no-one closer…

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• DrBobDrBob Frets: 3006
    I’m in Glasgow so not far but I don’t have a car (well a reliable one anyway) but my best/oldest friend and fellow guitar freak actually lives in Falkirk so might be able to help 

• I’m 10 minutes from Falkirk @HarrySeven PM me what you need
    "As with all things, some days you're the dinosaur, some days you're the monkey." Sporky
    Cheers all! PMs incoming. :)

• bassborabassbora Frets: 132
    Always happy to help 
  • KalimnaKalimna Frets: 1540
    I work in Larbert, 5 mins from Falkirk. Happy to help out.
    edited March 10
    Hiya All

Thanks for the kind offers of assistance! D

To cut a long story short, the seller doesn’t have a gigbag or case, but he may have a guitar box. I’ve had too many guitars arrive with snapped necks to trust anything to chance.

So…essentially, I need to work out a way in which the guitar gets collected, parcelled appropriately (inc. a case of some description, which I could courier up?) and sent on to me - that is unless in the unlikely event that anyone up in your neck of the woods is travelling down South-ish anytime soon? 

Bit of a nostalgia trip for me - nothing new there! ;)

These were quite common in the early ‘80’s - very typical construction for the time. I played one fairly recently and it was really nice. 

Although they’re not expensive, I’d rather see it arrive in one piece!

Obvs more than happy to reimburse any fuel/expenses/time spent fannying about, etc… :)

• OffsetOffset Frets: 11872
    Now that is a new name to me - although it's from my era I really don't remember Lincoln as a brand.  I thought it was going to be something like an Aria - that neck-thru with stripey wood was very popular back in the day.  I'm off to check Google :-)

Looking forward to a NGD post.
  • BillDLBillDL Frets: 7343
    Damn.  Wish I had seen that first, but I don't look at Facebook Marketplace.  Looks a bit like a Travis Bean with its very rounded sausagey horns.  I've never encountered a guitar with Lincoln on the headstock.  It should have been Lincolnshire.

If any of the Central Scotland wallahs can't go and pick it up I could probably do this for you next week.
  • SargeSarge Frets: 2426
    Lovely stuff, good luck!

also, did you nab that Hondo? 
  • dchwhitedchwhite Frets: 182
    Wow - I  had a Lincoln, probably my best guitar during my late teens. One of many that were bought from the much-missed Cambridge Resale, and then sold back to them some years later when I'd run out of money again :)
    Stonevibe: 'The best things in life aren't things'.

Trading feedback: Previous (+18) and Current

Sarge said:

did you nab that Hondo? 
    Sadly, I gave it a miss in the end - had to direct cash elsewhere. :(

Apologies for the delay in responding - engaging in Mothers Day activities is interfering with guitar-related stuff. :( ;)

Brief thought re. shipping - part of the problem is not knowing quite what case will fit?

• BobHillmanBobHillman Frets: 138
    I've seen an identical guitar with the name "Storm" on the headstock.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14498
    Please tell me you didn't buy that pair of kelpie's on Gumtree, one previous owner, VGC?
    For a moment, I thought that H7 might have bought a decommissioned combined heat and power station for one of his gear storage warehouses.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.