Help with fx loop solo boost please !

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• BarneyBarney Frets: 616
    ICBM said:
    Barney said:

Really...I didn't realise that ....they are level and both boss pedals on a board ...it just makes it handy with being close together but I'm going look at it again now 
    It’s because the sides of the pedals are not truly vertical, due to the diecastings having a ‘release angle’ - otherwise they couldn’t be got out of the die. Using those straight couplers strains the jacks.

Pedals where the jacks are mounted on the PCB are actually safer, because the jacks are then truly horizontal.
    So even with the same type of pedals ...Im using a boss EQ and boss DD3.? ...it's just really so I can get them close enough to switch together  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JonathangusJonathangus Frets: 4526
    Close enough to hit together, far enough apart to hit one at a time:

Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

Thanks ...I'm going to get some small leads I think 
  • riffpowersriffpowers Frets: 344

It looks like you’re using pretty much the same setup as me !! I’m gluing to try that. 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72352
    Barney said:

So even with the same type of pedals ...Im using a boss EQ and boss DD3.? ...it's just really so I can get them close enough to switch together  
    *Especially* with two Boss pedals. Boss have the jacks casing-mounted, so they’re pointing at a slight upward angle. Put one on a flat surface with the coupler in the jack and you’ll see it.

Some pedals - eg Digitech, EH, new MXRs - have both jacks mounted on the PCB so they’re horizontal and you can use those couplers safely.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• rockmonsterrockmonster Frets: 838
    I’ve used an MXR MC401 boost/line driver in the loop for years. Works well on all sorts of amps. Koko boost or SD1 in front if it’s not loud enough kick in the MXR- it certainly will be then!
    ICBM said:
    Barney said:

*Especially* with two Boss pedals. Boss have the jacks casing-mounted, so they’re pointing at a slight upward angle. Put one on a flat surface with the coupler in the jack and you’ll see it.

Some pedals - eg Digitech, EH, new MXRs - have both jacks mounted on the PCB so they’re horizontal and you can use those couplers safely.
    Thanks ...i need to change this ...I didn't realise 
  • NerineNerine Frets: 2143
    If you use the Ernie Ball ribbon cables you can get your pedals about 1.5cm away from each other.