New Boss Katana GO Pocket Sized Guitar & Bass Headphone Amplifier & More.

What's Hot
Fingers657Fingers657 Frets: 657
edited March 14 in Amps
I watched Andy’s video earlier on this and bought one from GAK in Brighton.
https://youtu.be/JWpxOeGG0IU?feature=shared
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11878
    Can this send a bluetooth signal straight to my wireless headphones or my Spark Mini?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Fingers657Fingers657 Frets: 657
    edited March 14
    According to Lee Anderton you can’t .
    You can plug it into any amp with a Aux socket and play two guitars through it.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Yes according to Andy you can , also you can plug it into any amp with a Aux socket and play two guitars through it.
    Ill try it with my Spark GO when I get a chance.
    If I can do that then it would be amazing because it removes the need for the receiver completely.  Which is what I dislike about other devices. 
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9722
    The Stage Feel thing sounds good
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
    edited March 14
    Yes according to Andy you can , also you can plug it into any amp with a Aux socket and play two guitars through it.
    If I can do that then it would be amazing because it removes the need for the receiver completely.  Which is what I dislike about other devices. 
    Sorry looks like you can’t Bluetooth out .
    Only in according to the Andertons video.
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17630
    tFB Trader
    Can this send a bluetooth signal straight to my wireless headphones or my Spark Mini?
    If it did the latency would make it unusable. 

Bluetooth is not suitable for instruments, it would need to be a proprietary protocol. 

It's interesting to see Boss ripping of Nux rather than the other way around.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
    Sorry looks like you can’t Bluetooth out .
    Only in according to the Andertons video.
    That must be a design choice not to cannibalise their market...unless the lag is still so bad that they decide not to?
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10415
    I like the fact it has a tuner and a volume. 

I could easily mod that to make it a DSP module, so it could just slot in the top of the WH-1 amp I designed. I'm not that keen on the Boss sounds though.

www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • I have the WAZA Air headphones so don’t need one and I prefer wireless. 

However this is an absolute bargain with so many great tones and features from the WAZA Air headphones. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ZappleZapple Frets: 86
    edited March 14
    I have the WAZA Air headphones so don’t need one and I prefer wireless. 

However this is an absolute bargain with so many great tones and features from the WAZA Air headphones. 
    Totally agree. Slightly left wondering where the extra £200 is in the Waza Airs, I guess it's the headphones themselves. Although they are very very good!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ri3GBTd7L-E&t=182s

Leon Todd got the Katana Go sounding great from about 1m 40s in on this video. 
    I’ve got a pair of the guitar Wazacraft Air phones but not a pair for Bass which the GO does.
    Also the GO doesn’t have the gyro effect that’s in the Waza’s.
  • GrumpyrockerGrumpyrocker Frets: 4140
    This new thing is not stereo is it?

• Chris.BChris.B Frets: 286
    @Grumpyrocker I believe it is. Lee Anderton seemed to be moving Pete's guitar from one side to the other and then the same with the backing track in their demo video. 

Looks like Boss have made a pretty good device for a reasonable  cost.
  • LionAquaLooperLionAquaLooper Frets: 1094
    It's interesting to see Boss ripping of Nux rather than the other way around.
    Fair play to them.  Chinese companies have been stealing R&D and cloning products from other companies for decades.  
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9722
    This new thing is not stereo is it?
    I listened to the first video posted on stereo headphones and it felt like the general sounds are mono (it's just the preamp section of the Katana amp) but the Stage Feel thing seemed to add some stereo to it all afterwards
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • Interesting, I was considering getting one of the Fender Mustang Micro headphone amps a while back for late night practice. This looks fairly similar, though I notice there's a BT footswitch bundle on Andertons. Would be interested to know what that can do.
  • The biggest annoyance for me always seems to be the cable to the headphones, though. Even the hugely long one on a set of DT770s.

Would be great to have completely wireless setup, but as far as I understand it the latency on standard Bluetooth makes the Waza Airs the only game in town for this. Not sure I need yet another pair of headphones cluttering up the place, and a bit on the steep side for me.

Or have I missed a cheaper alternative somewhere?
    edited March 14
    The biggest annoyance for me always seems to be the cable to the headphones, though. Even the hugely long one on a set of DT770s.

Would be great to have completely wireless setup, but as far as I understand it the latency on standard Bluetooth makes the Waza Airs the only game in town for this. Not sure I need yet another pair of headphones cluttering up the place, and a bit on the steep side for me.

I think there is a Boss work around to loose the cable but it’s not cheap and probably a bit overkill for this product.
    edited March 14
    I’m looking forward to playing with mine over the weekend Arthritis permitting .
    Im really interested to see / hear how the Bass amp GO performs against the real thing?
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10415
    edited March 14
    The biggest annoyance for me always seems to be the cable to the headphones, though. Even the hugely long one on a set of DT770s.

You can use wireless headphones but they need to be standard radio wireless ... not bluetooth. Standard radio wireless headphones were invented before bluetooth, so people could listen to their Hi Fi's and TVs with headphones. Radio wireless is also what's used for wireless microphones and wireless IEM systems. Obviously you can't have latency when playing live 

These systems always have two parts. The transmitter unit, which can plug into the heapdhone socket of any modeller or amplifier that has some kind of speaker sim on the headphone circuit (otherwise it will sound like a wasp in a jam jar) and the actual headphones which contain the receiver. 

Expect to pay around £90 for a quality set  

Bluetooth is no good for live audio because in addition to being packet based it also uses timed frequency hopping to avoid collisions, so there's comms between the sending and receiving devices, using an algorithm to hop channels together. It's a complicated system which takes time to process. 

I imagine the Wazza Air system uses standard digital 2.4G wireless like Line 6 and others. Not Bluetooth. They will have Bluetooth in the cans to accept audio from your phone etc though
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom