New Boss Katana GO Pocket Sized Guitar & Bass Headphone Amplifier & More.

What's Hot

Comments

• Some good info there @Danny1969, thanks :+1: 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WYNIR0WYNIR0 Frets: 359
    If I didn't already have a fender Mustang micro I'd be all over this.

monquixote said:
    I agree with WYNIRO much as personally I think he is a total cock.

• Fingers657Fingers657 Frets: 657
    edited March 15
    Interesting, I was considering getting one of the Fender Mustang Micro headphone amps a while back for late night practice. This looks fairly similar, though I notice there's a BT footswitch bundle on Andertons. Would be interested to know what that can do.
    They run through what the Boss  FS-1-WL foot switch does on the Andertons video.
    Ive had one for ages and it’s great for stop starting videos and scrolling hands free while using a guitar
    https://youtu.be/vEHHT4B4Kvk?feature=shared

Ive got the other two Boss foot switches also.

https://ibb.co/jGCpXVr

https://ibb.co/zx3dkhR

https://ibb.co/YtM9SxJ
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    Mine arrived too. Great fun little device, having just dialled on a few sounds. As I always do with these things, I gravitate towards heavily chorused cleans and mega delayed and gained lead tones, something Boss always does well and a nice break from my more vintage sounding normal rig. Paired with my PRS SE CE24, it’s amazing what fun and quality can be had for little cash. The fact that you can access the tuner, and all 30 presets from the device itself is really handy. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WYNIR0WYNIR0 Frets: 359
    WYNIR0 said:
    If I didn't already have a fender Mustang micro I'd be all over this.
    Sod it, I've ordered one....anyone want to buy a Mustang micro.?
    monquixote said:
    I agree with WYNIRO much as personally I think he is a total cock.

• ZonularZonular Frets: 62
    Ordered one myself, can't wait
  • AlterlifesonAlterlifeson Frets: 477
    Might be a no brainer to pick one up. Love the fact you don't need the app like a lot of these sort of practice things. I hate having to get my laptop out to do some practice routines so have gone back to books too.
    Actually had the first play around with mine earlier.
    So far I really love it.
  • LestratcasterLestratcaster Frets: 1087
    Following with interest. Got another thread talking about a learner who is moving to Italy later this year to study at uni but can't take a big amp with him, he wants to continue online lessons so something like this would be great. I think it accepts bluetooth from a phone for any music, and has a USB to a computer. Only other one is the headset and where that connects via.
  • hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4181
    Zapple said:
    I have the WAZA Air headphones so don’t need one and I prefer wireless. 

However this is an absolute bargain with so many great tones and features from the WAZA Air headphones. 
    Totally agree. Slightly left wondering where the extra £200 is in the Waza Airs, I guess it's the headphones themselves. Although they are very very good!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ri3GBTd7L-E&t=182s

Leon Todd got the Katana Go sounding great from about 1m 40s in on this video. 
    Leon Todd is ace  you can usually download IRks off him as well 
    If I was off to Uni in Italy  I would take my Spark GO .
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11878
    Following with interest. Got another thread talking about a learner who is moving to Italy later this year to study at uni but can't take a big amp with him, he wants to continue online lessons so something like this would be great. I think it accepts bluetooth from a phone for any music, and has a USB to a computer. Only other one is the headset and where that connects via.
    Spark Mini or Spark Go would be my choice too.

I'd go with the Mini personally as I am bias and looks nicer.

edited March 18
    Spark Mini or Spark Go would be my choice too.

I'd go with the Mini personally as I am bias and looks nicer.

The NUS (or whatever its called) Mighty Plug Pro was first suggested and it seemed like the ideal choice as he's likely to be living in shared halls where he can't play loud amps out of a speaker so everything has be into headphones. The Spark looks like its a speaker?
    The Spark is a speaker, small one.  It's basically an amp with a "pedalboard" in the app. 
    Yeah he kinda needs something that's not a speaker, unless he starts jamming with other musos out there
    Yeah he kinda needs something that's not a speaker, unless he starts jamming with other musos out there
    Katana Go is the smallest then.

The Spark does have a headphone out so it can do silent practice if he plug headphones into it.
    Yeah I think if he's going to do weekly lessons he may as well get the best he can afford. My understanding is the USB out goes into the laptop, then a headset mic connects somewhere, (to the Katana Go?) and then his phone can connect to play backing music. 
  • DavusPGDavusPG Frets: 451
    Very tempted by the Katana Go....

I've never used any of the Katana stuff, can anyone advise on how playing along to backing tracks via bluetooth works? For my practice I use an Android app called Music Speed Changer which enables me to alter the pitch of tracks (all my guitars are tuned to Eb) and play loops at any speed. Would I still be able to use that in conjunction with the Katana Go?
  • BlackbooksBlackbooks Frets: 26
    DavusPG said:
    Very tempted by the Katana Go....

I've never used any of the Katana stuff, can anyone advise on how playing along to backing tracks via bluetooth works? For my practice I use an Android app called Music Speed Changer which enables me to alter the pitch of tracks (all my guitars are tuned to Eb) and play loops at any speed. Would I still be able to use that in conjunction with the Katana Go?
    I've just tried it with Truefire and Spotify and could play along to the audio.  The Katana Go app also had a library feature where you can add audio files or Youtube videos and set repearts, playback speed, etc although it doesn't appear to allow pitch changes.  I hope that helps