Jimmy Page Gibson EDS-1275

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• timmypixtimmypix Frets: 2396
    edited March 16
    dano said:

If Gibson, or Epi, released just a 12 string SG, now that would be interesting.
    They made 75 of these a few years back. Neck through, too. Love 'em!

Tim
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27007
    timmypix said:
    dano said:

If Gibson, or Epi, released just a 12 string SG, now that would be interesting.
    They made 75 of these a few years back. Neck through, too. Love 'em!

Christ imagine the neck dive on that thing! 

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14267
    tFB Trader
    Is it bad 'googling' on my part - But appears as though you can't buy this from regular Gibson Dealers - Peach etc etc - It is via the Gibson Garage only - Not a problem at £47K for most of us I know - But looks like a closed shop option for regular dealers, be it in the UK, USA or otherwise 
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4724
    edited March 17
    Before you buy a twin neck like this, try it. Absolutely the most awkward, uncomfortable heaviest guitar I've ever played. Not for me... If I was given one, I'd sell it.  It solved certain live problems for JP but I'm not surprised he actually hated it. 
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • LPManicLPManic Frets: 1085
    If I had the money I'd buy one.
  • elstoofelstoof Frets: 2483
    edited March 18
    Is it bad 'googling' on my part - But appears as though you can't buy this from regular Gibson Dealers - Peach etc etc - It is via the Gibson Garage only - Not a problem at £47K for most of us I know - But looks like a closed shop option for regular dealers, be it in the UK, USA or otherwise 
    It was the same with the Greeny last year I believe. I wonder, would someone like Peach or Sweetwater be that keen on selling one of these? Some bloke buys it online, they have the headache of handing it over to Evri and hoping it arrives intact, he has a play in his front room for a few days and decides he wants to return it because it’s too neck heavy etc and now its suddenly listed back in stock so everyone else assumes it’s a dog
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3456
    Will it make you Jimmy Page?
    A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
  • InactiveXInactiveX Frets: 283
    Voxman said:
    Before you buy a twin neck like this, try it. Absolutely the most awkward, uncomfortable heaviest guitar I've ever played. Not for me... If I was given one, I'd sell it.  It solved certain live problems for JP but I'm not surprised he actually hated it. 

You don't think anyone is going to actually play these guitars, do you?
    :)
    Don’t follow influencers
    Watch the parking meters
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2326
    elstoof said:
    It was the same with the Greeny last year I believe. I wonder, would someone like Peach or Sweetwater be that keen on selling one of these? Some bloke buys it online, they have the headache of handing it over to Evri and hoping it arrives intact, he has a play in his front room for a few days and decides he wants to return it because it’s too neck heavy etc and now its suddenly listed back in stock so everyone else assumes it’s a dog
    I imagine that would be a headache for a retailer.

Plus, Gibson will not want to give up ANY of it's profits to a retailer on an item like this. No trade price - more profit. 
  • GrumpyrockerGrumpyrocker Frets: 4136
    These guitars haven't been built for playing. They are collector's pieces. And I expect Gibson has looked at the sort of madness people will pay soon after sale and decided to price accordingly, so it's not just the second sellers that make a wedge. I've no problem with any of this because I don't see it as part of the musical instrument industry. This is something else - creating collector's items. 

As such it doesn't annoy me in the way prices for regular Gibson guitars do. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • robgilmo said:
    In your head maybe it would get you half way there, but for far less money you can simply bang an under age girl and then you'd at least have a similar mindset to him, but unlike him with the kind of money you get from endorsing 47 grand guitars, you might struggle with the lawyer fees necessary to stay out of prison.
    My youtube music channel is here My youtube aviation channel is here
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6692
    These guitars haven't been built for playing. They are collector's pieces. And I expect Gibson has looked at the sort of madness people will pay soon after sale and decided to price accordingly, so it's not just the second sellers that make a wedge. I've no problem with any of this because I don't see it as part of the musical instrument industry. This is something else - creating collector's items. 

As such it doesn't annoy me in the way prices for regular Gibson guitars do. 
    Yeah I was going to say it's pretty much not even a guitar, just an object d'art to go next to the other trinkets in the collection. 
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10455
    tFB Trader
    robgilmo said:
    In your head maybe it would get you half way there, but for far less money you can simply bang an under age girl and then you'd at least have a similar mindset to him, but unlike him with the kind of money you get from endorsing 47 grand guitars, you might struggle with the lawyer fees necessary to stay out of prison.
    According to Lori Mattix, you would have to add to Page on the 'banging underage girls list': Jeff Beck, Mick Jagger David Bowie, Ronnie Wood, Mickey Finn, Angela Bowie Keith Emerson, Carl Palmer and Jimmy Bain. So pretty much the whole top end of the music industry in the late 60s and 70s. If it's correct there are a fair few who have avoided awkward questions so far - and of course some who have popped their clogs so will never have to. 

Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

• 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7339
    ...if Gibson sold doors...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>