Sherborne Dorset Best town to live in the South West.

What's Hot
https://www.dorsetecho.co.uk/news/24184737.sherborne-named-best-place-live-south-west/
Love it, lived here over 33 years now. Yes we have problems so does most towns, but as President of the Chamber of Trade a lot of work goes into keeping the town vibrant. 
0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• GrumpyrockerGrumpyrocker Frets: 4159
    It's nice enough. But not close enough to the sea for my liking. Bridport is nicer. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • koneguitaristkoneguitarist Frets: 4169
    It's nice enough. But not close enough to the sea for my liking. Bridport is nicer. 
    I like Bridport, done some great gigs down there, but I may be biased, Sherborne has more to offer. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5187
    Some would argue that Dorset isn’t really the Southwest…..It’s as North as Leeds to some  =)
    tone1 said:
    Some would argue that Dorset isn’t really the Southwest…..It’s as North as Leeds to some  =)
    Everybody knows the North doesn’t start till you get to Bristol. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12422
    Surely Portland is the best, I was born there.
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6923
    I grew up in Weymouth, Sherborne is definitely in the North.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    munckee said:
    Have you been there lately! 
    tone1 said:
    True I'd rather live in Rock or Fowey.  Although Sherborne is very nice.
    Well we won so there ! ;-) 
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6923
    munckee said:
    He still lives there- lives on the floating “hotel”
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    munckee said:
    It was sh1t when I lived there in the 80s.
    Well we won so there ! ;-) 
    Perhaps Rock or Fowey will head hunt you to be their President of Chamber of Trade now they have seen what you can do for a place!
    munckee said:
    munckee said:
    It was sh1t when I lived there in the 80s.
    I lived in Weymouth for a few months in ‘82, nice in Summer. 
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16302
    Just watching a bit about this on the local news, Stirchley named best place to live in the Midlands. I’m sure Sherborne is lovely but I’ve been to Stirchley and can only imagine that the judges haven’t. 

National winner is North Berwick, one of my favourite places on Earth so I can’t argue with that. A place I only knew of because @ICBM suggested it to me on here. 

Anyway, I’m sure I’m overdue a trip to Dorset and it will need to take in the splendour that is Sherborne. 

Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    Just watching a bit about this on the local news, Stirchley named best place to live in the Midlands. I’m sure Sherborne is lovely but I’ve been to Stirchley and can only imagine that the judges haven’t. 

National winner is North Berwick, one of my favourite places on Earth so I can’t argue with that. A place I only knew of because @ICBM suggested it to me on here. 

Anyway, I’m sure I’m overdue a trip to Dorset and it will need to take in the splendour that is Sherborne. 

Let me know, have a cuppa together. 
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2799
    https://www.dorsetecho.co.uk/news/24184737.sherborne-named-best-place-live-south-west/
    Love it, lived here over 33 years now. Yes we have problems so does most towns, but as President of the Chamber of Trade a lot of work goes into keeping the town vibrant. 
    Excellent, we now have a location for a 2 day summer meet and an organiser ;);

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23151
    tone1 said:
    My knowledge of British geography is shaky at best, but my first thought was "is Dorset the South West?". 
    And I was going to say I didn't think I'd ever visited Dorset, but then I remembered I have been to Bournemouth and I'm pretty sure that isn't in the South West.  Is Sherborne a bit more West?
  • BluesLoverBluesLover Frets: 673
    Crediton, seven miles north of Exeter always struck me as a nice place to live, if you want to be in the south west.
    I'm in Southampton, and "the north" starts just past Winchester.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Philly_Q said:
    tone1 said:
    My knowledge of British geography is shaky at best, but my first thought was "is Dorset the South West?". 
    And I was going to say I didn't think I'd ever visited Dorset, but then I remembered I have been to Bournemouth and I'm pretty sure that isn't in the South West.  Is Sherborne a bit more West?
    Yes it’s west of Bournemouth, Dorset, Somerset, Devon and Cornwall is what I think of as the South West, but Avon, Gloucester and Wiltshire are also included as South West. 
    Philly_Q said:
    tone1 said:
    Bournemouth is really in Hampshire, we had to give it to Dorset because they didn’t have any real towns, and they’re welcome to it!
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom