Updated: Now new modeller day!Helix LT or Headrush for my first modeller?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24463
    strtdv said:
    Yes they guy I bought it off had updated it just before selling it so all good in that regard.

There are lots of menus, though signal chain and effects adjustment is very intuitive, even on device.

My only question so far is whether it's possible to assign one of the footswitches to switch between 2 amp models? (As this would effectively let me run a clean and drive channel without having to duplicate blocks of effects etc)
    Yes - you can do that.

Learn how to use Snapshots. They are as they sound - a Snapshot of settings.

So while you can have 1 f/s changing up to 8 different things in a simple state (on/off etc) with Snapshots you can recall all manner of things.

So you set a sound. Then for sound 2 you'd like a Tubescreamer on, but some more mids on the amp and an increase in output. So Snapshot 2 does that.

Snapshot 3 can then leave the TS on but turn up the tone on it a little while at the same time boosting the gain and bass on the amp and activating a delay.

Snap 4 can then add a phaser, then change the delay time from 600ms to 300ms and increase the feedback while also boosting the presence on the amp.

you can do all this sort of stuff in 1 patch so there's no patch switching delay. It's brilliant.

DM me your email and tomorrow I'll send you a couple of patches with Snapshots on so you can see what I mean.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • willowillo Frets: 386
    strtdv said:
    Yes they guy I bought it off had updated it just before selling it so all good in that regard.

There are lots of menus, though signal chain and effects adjustment is very intuitive, even on device.

My only question so far is whether it's possible to assign one of the footswitches to switch between 2 amp models? (As this would effectively let me run a clean and drive channel without having to duplicate blocks of effects etc)
    Yes, provided you had the DSP available to run two amps. You could either split the chain or just on/off both amps based on the footswitch. This website has rough estimations of DSP  but frankly, with the LT its never a concern unless you're running the feedbacker, poly sustain, poly capo, or two amps...https://benvesco.com/store/helix-dsp-allocations/

A better solution might be to assign the drive parameter of your amp to a footswitch and/or a snapshot, essentially switching between two settings of the same amp. Some of the latest Line 6 'original' amps also have a boost feature that's voiced to the amp itself; this can further add gain.
  • BeexterBeexter Frets: 599
    Congrats! Enjoy 
  • LewyLewy Frets: 4238
    Congrats. I got an HX Stomp a few months ago and love it. Am now a total convert to digital. The best tip (thanks to @fretmeister on here and John Cordy on Youtube) is to make friends with the High and Low cuts in the speaker block. I always cut everything above 9khz and below 60 hz before I do any other tone shaping. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8731
    My cuts are more severe: above 6kHz and below 120Hz
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • I tried loads of modellers before getting mine and they all have something going for them. The Headrush has a fantastic touchscreen, the Helix has the best connectivity and the most options for amps and effects, the Boss has the best cabs and most realistic amp models. Which is best entirely depends on where your priorities lie.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22206
    I tried loads of modellers before getting mine and they all have something going for them. The Headrush has a fantastic touchscreen, the Helix has the best connectivity and the most options for amps and effects, the Boss has the best cabs and most realistic amp models. Which is best entirely depends on where your priorities lie.
    And that's the fun about it. Helix wins for me because the UI, the quality of the effects, and the flexibility of it. I so wanted the GT-1000Core to work for me but the UI is awful and the effects are too limited. I can't stand touchscreens so the Headrush would be a no-go for me.