A person kills your child..,

What's Hot

Comments

• WYNIR0WYNIR0 Frets: 359
    edited March 21
    ok so serious answer.

If it were anyone else I'd say that they should go to prison for the rest of their days, but I know I'm a hypocrite and that if it were one of my kids I'd want to be given as long as I wanted in a room with the killer to make them suffer unspeakable pain before I ended their life.

But also, @UnclePsychosis ; is right.
    monquixote said:
    I agree with WYNIRO much as personally I think he is a total cock.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3499
    edited March 21
    A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6906
    Prison for a long time. Although I don’t think it’s the best punishment, it’s the only option we have.

By the time they get out, I could have a good think about undertaking my own punishment - I’d be an old fucker by then and not bothered about the consequences or a potential custodial sentence for myself. 

Revenge is best served cold etc, but who knows though, the passage of time may reduce the anger and you may somehow reach the forgiveness stage. 
    Previously known as stevebrum
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ewalewal Frets: 2587
    I don't think it's a question I can answer. I don't know how I'd feel in that situation and I'd rather not dwell on it. Better to be happy that they are safe and well.
    The Scrambler-EE Walk soundcloud experience
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4310
    I'd wish Country and Western (or any other kind of hell) on them for the rest of their lives.

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GoFishGoFish Frets: 1416
    edited March 21
    I'm glad I wouldn't have to make the choice. I want them ... it wouldn't matter what I want particulaly, that's not justice is it?

Let's flip it for a bit, how would you feel about a road accident? How about  if they were acting in self defense?

What about if your child was the guilty party to murder?  What would you do if your child was the serial killer?  These speculative scenarios need never end.

And what did the parents of Brianna Ghey do?
    Ten years too late and still getting it wrong
  • PetepassionPetepassion Frets: 859
    This is a thread that is designed to provoke an argument on the death penalty.

Im against it.  The death penalty and the thread.
    It's not strictly about the death penalty, but your comment made me look up when the last guillotine execution took place...France 1977...wow!. Last Capital punishment in the UK was 1964. 
       Bygone times where a public execution would take place in the village square for all to see is just insane, but a scary reminder of what humanity is capable of.
    ‘It is no measure of good health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society’
    edited March 21
    GoFish said:
    I'm glad I wouldn't have to make the choice. I want them ... it wouldn't matter what I want particulaly, that's not justice is it?

Let's flip it for a bit, how would you feel about a road accident? How about  if they were acting in self defense? What about if your child was the guilty party to murder?  What would you do if your child was a serial killer? What is they were literally Hitler?

And what did the parents of Brianna Ghey do?
    Yeah, now that's a frightening thought. 
    I just watched this, what an incredible woman...
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-68494417
    ‘It is no measure of good health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society’
    I edited my post immediately as I didn't want to needlessly offend you. I'm glad that you took in in the spirit it was intended  :)
  • BillDLBillDL Frets: 7285
    This question reminds me immediately of one of the questions I was asked as a 17 year old being interviewed for a position as a police cadet.  It was a not-so-sneaky question obviously intended to try and assess whether I might have a predisposition for violent thoughts or tendencies and also, I suppose, to test how well I could "think on my feet".  I remember the question and my answer as clearly as if it was yesterday rather than nearly 45 years ago.

Q. You are in uniform and on duty walking around the bull ring of a football pitch facing the crowd when a spectator sniffs deeply and then spits phlegm onto your uniform.  What would you feel like doing, and what do you think you would do?

A. I would FEEL like hauling him over the advertising boards, rubbing his face in his filthy spittle, then marching him off to the cells, BUT I honestly don't know what I WOULD do.  I have never worn a uniform or walked around the bull ring of a football ground being subjected to something like that.  I would obviously have to know what law he had broken and this would dictate my lawful response.  If I am accepted as a police cadet I will obviously be taught the law, experience that kind of scenario, and learn how to act appropriately.  I will then be able to return here and give you a much better answer.

As I rose to leave the room thinking I may have blown my chances of the job through being blatantly honest the Chief Inspector that had asked the question remarked that it was the best answer to that question she had heard.  She explained that almost all the candidates attempted to explain exactly how they would act without having had the relevant experience.

You hypothetical question with bullet-point answers is in much the same vein, albeit referencing a far more serious scenario.  Nobody knows the answer until it has happened to them.
    BillDL said:
    This question reminds me immediately of one of the questions I was asked as a 17 year old being interviewed for a position as a police cadet.  It was a not-so-sneaky question obviously intended to try and assess whether I might have a predisposition for violent thoughts or tendencies and also, I suppose, to test how well I could "think on my feet".  I remember the question and my answer as clearly as if it was yesterday rather than nearly 45 years ago.

Q. You are in uniform and on duty walking around the bull ring of a football pitch facing the crowd when a spectator sniffs deeply and then spits phlegm onto your uniform.  What would you feel like doing, and what do you think you would do?

A. I would FEEL like hauling him over the advertising boards, rubbing his face in his filthy spittle, then marching him off to the cells, BUT I honestly don't know what I WOULD do.  I have never worn a uniform or walked around the bull ring of a football ground being subjected to something like that.  I would obviously have to know what law he had broken and this would dictate my lawful response.  If I am accepted as a police cadet I will obviously be taught the law, experience that kind of scenario, and learn how to act appropriately.  I will then be able to return here and give you a much better answer.

As I rose to leave the room thinking I may have blown my chances of the job through being blatantly honest the Chief Inspector that had asked the question remarked that it was the best answer to that question she had heard.  She explained that almost all the candidates attempted to explain exactly how they would act without having had the relevant experience.

You hypothetical question with bullet-point answers is in much the same vein, albeit referencing a far more serious scenario.  Nobody knows the answer until it has happened to them.
    Yes, that was a brilliant interview response.
       and I agree it’s difficult to know how you would feel until actually in that moment, but some people do have a very strong view/opinion on such matters though.
  • KurtisKurtis Frets: 668
    Sporky said:
    I'd put on a cape and goggles and rampage through the glass cities of Neptune. 
    Different to your usual cape and goggles you mean?
    edited March 21
    Ideally, forgiveness and rehabilitation.

Nothing is going to bring them back from the dead. 
    Don't think I'd ever want to kill anyone. I'm not the murdering type. 
    Kurtis said:
    Sporky said:
    I'd put on a cape and goggles and rampage through the glass cities of Neptune. 
    Different to your usual cape and goggles you mean?

Robe and Wizard Hat.
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18828
    Don't underestimate Neptunians...

Neptunian Alien - Space Patrol
  • vizviz Frets: 10700
    I’m honestly surprised at so many death penalty proponents. I honestly can’t see the point of it. I know life in prison is expensive but it ticks all the other boxes so much better than death penalty, imo. 
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • GreatapeGreatape Frets: 3580
    I'm really not sure. I would think... something painfully  uncharitable, no doubt. 

I think we can game these scenarios in our calmer moments, but that's without the massive adrenaline dump or similar that would accompany the receipt of such news. 

'Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face,' as the man said 
    I wonder what would be the least to turn yous into a psycho. 
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10295
    viz said:
    I’m honestly surprised at so many death penalty proponents. I honestly can’t see the point of it. I know life in prison is expensive but it ticks all the other boxes so much better than death penalty, imo. 

I think I'm right in saying that keeping someone on 'death row' is also more expensive than just giving them a regular prison sentence. When you figure in all any potential lawyers fees and other associated costs involved in appeals and suchlike, the costs soon outway the costs of someone serving a life term. 

Laugh, love, live, learn. 
  • Dr_NecessiterDr_Necessiter Frets: 303
    For me, hell is other people so being locked away with a crowd in too close proximity who may variously want to beat, kill or rape me makes a death sentence look like a walk in the park. 

On that basis I would want them locked away indefinitely without chance of parole and given access to the best medical treatments in order to prolong their life and, therefore, their suffering. But then I'm not a compassionate person.
    "I've got the moobs like Jabba".