A person kills your child..,

What's Hot

Comments

• KurtisKurtis Frets: 668
    edited March 22
    Edited my post ^^
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    If someone is harming your child and you kill them how does that help? Not only has your child been harmed but now they have witnessed a murder and lost their dad to jail. 
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11792
    Kurtis said:
    Timcito said:
    It’s that gut reaction, how we feel in the moment, but doesn’t necessarily mean we would carry it through in the cold light of day

Yes, I think the original proposition is so wildly grotesque that it defies a meaningful response. My gut reaction may be 'You hurt my family, I want you dead,' but who knows whether we would actually want that in the cold light of day.
    Yup that's exactly what I'm trying to say.

I was so shocked reading the article I posted to (the child was so badly burned by his mother he would need a general anaesthetic for a dressing change, I mean can you imagine the pain and suffering of that) that my reaction was I'd happily put a bullet through her head to send her straight to hell.

That's what we are talking about, it doesn't mean that my life is a constant parade of vigilante executions.
    No one is suggesting it is.

All I'm saying is not everyones first reaction is terminal violence. 

Please don't make out I shouldn't be a parent. That's just a really shitty thing to say. 
    I didn't say that, and wouldn't either.  I didn't mean to imply that in any way.

All I can realistically reply to your point there is "OK..." isn't it?

You have a bit of a habit of charging into threads, picking an argument and then holding onto it like a terrier with a chew toy until you get some kind of reaction.  I'm happy to accept it isn't an attempt to troll, but it does sometimes seem a bit that way.

I'm sure you are an alright guy and a great parent - but - pretty please - can we leave it now?
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...

On the other hand, if you literally wouldn't try and physically tear the world apart to protect your child, you might not want to be a parent, because that's how your own children make you feel, especially when they are very small.

What did you mean by that then? 
    Kurtis said:
    Timcito said:
    It’s that gut reaction, how we feel in the moment, but doesn’t necessarily mean we would carry it through in the cold light of day

Yes, I think the original proposition is so wildly grotesque that it defies a meaningful response. My gut reaction may be 'You hurt my family, I want you dead,' but who knows whether we would actually want that in the cold light of day.
    Yup that's exactly what I'm trying to say.

I was so shocked reading the article I posted to (the child was so badly burned by his mother he would need a general anaesthetic for a dressing change, I mean can you imagine the pain and suffering of that) that my reaction was I'd happily put a bullet through her head to send her straight to hell.

That's what we are talking about, it doesn't mean that my life is a constant parade of vigilante executions.
    No one is suggesting it is.

All I'm saying is not everyones first reaction is terminal violence. 

Please don't make out I shouldn't be a parent. That's just a really shitty thing to say. 
    I didn't say that, and wouldn't either.  I didn't mean to imply that in any way.

All I can realistically reply to your point there is "OK..." isn't it?

You have a bit of a habit of charging into threads, picking an argument and then holding onto it like a terrier with a chew toy until you get some kind of reaction.  I'm happy to accept it isn't an attempt to troll, but it does sometimes seem a bit that way.

I'm sure you are an alright guy and a great parent - but - pretty please - can we leave it now?
    You really are patronising. 
  • PetepassionPetepassion Frets: 858
    Maybe just agree to differ and draw a line under it.
    ‘It is no measure of good health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society’
    Really wish I hadn't came on here today. 

I'll leave it now though. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11792
    I've been trying to do that for over an hour ;)
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7461
    I get it’s Off Tooic and all that by why the hell does this thread exist? :-/ 
    Red ones are better. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    edited March 22
    So moving on, this just shows how riled we can get talking about an incident involving someone else's child.
    It's very difficult sometimes to get past that anger when we hear of such acts...understanding is quite often the last thing we are interested in.
       Even the courts are limited, compromised by time and money. If every case could be properly broken down and understood, to know the perpetrator's full history, genetic pre-disposition and environment from birth to now I'm sure the idea that someone is 'guilty' could be an overstretch at the very least. Even before our birth what the mother goes through can affect the child, but that will never be even considered.
       I'm often of the decision that nobody is 'guilty' as we are products of our genes and environment...until I hear of a child being hurt...then everything changes...momentarily.
    ‘It is no measure of good health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society’
    TimmyO said:
    I get it’s Off Tooic and all that by why the hell does this thread exist? :-/ 
    Why not, isn't it good to break down the 'blame chain' and look a little deeper
    edited March 22
    I can talk about this and far worse and not be upset or affected in some way, yet I only have to start talking about my daughter and I get tearful. We nearly lost her twice and since the last time it really has quite an emotional affect on me.
    But I also get for some this topic is way too much. Sorry, not trying to wind anyone up here.

• hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4185
    It’s a ridiculous premise as the person could not remain objective 
    It’s a ridiculous premise as the person could not remain objective 
    That is partly the point
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited March 22
    All I was trying to suggest was that if you don't know what you would do, but are fairly sure you would want to kill the person at first, then at that point you are no longer thinking about the child's welfare and it might be worth having a look at your own self awareness and self control so you can ultimately do what's best for the child?

It may seem like that's not what you are "supposed" to say?

I'm not trying to troll, I honestly think I have a completely rational and very worthwhile  point. 
    Let it go mate
    edited March 22
    Let it go mate

Eh, it was you that  asked  s
    Kurtis said:
    Let it go mate

Eh, it was you that fuckin asked  s
    So what's your thoughts on the 'Child of rage' documentary?
    edited March 22
    Let it go mate.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • carloscarlos Frets: 3451
    What if my child deserved it, though? 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom