NGD Charvel Sam Dimas

What's Hot
MrTeeMrTee Frets: 509
edited March 21 in Guitar
Happy NGD to me, Charvel Pro mod San Dimas. 

Coming from an American Fender Strat and an Epiphone Les Paul Special this feels like I've been transported into space! The neck is fast, comfortable and facilitates the type of playing it feels like I've struggled to do previously. I even like the Floyd, it's my first FR guitar and was apprehensive but it really was simple to set up well. 

Yes the relic (and questionable wear pattern) is not to everyone's taste and I should just buy one and put my own wear and tear on it blah blah. I love it.

0reaction image LOL 29reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4309
    That's awesome!

HNGD.

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • kennedydream1980kennedydream1980 Frets: 1156
    edited March 21
    I'm so tempted by one of these. Part of me wishes it had a maple neck and the standard Charvel San Dimas switching with the coil tap options. Looks lovely though and the black would be my preferred colour choice.
  • noisepolluternoisepolluter Frets: 798
    Lovely stuff! Welcome to the club
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14262
    tFB Trader
    I'm not in to pointy headstock speed machines - We don't like or need each other - However the San Dimas is more me - Both neck profile and headstock - I still can't play one, properly - But IMO they are teh best of the bunch - Enjoy
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 11697
    Charvel fan here, even though my tastes suggest I shouldn't be.  That looks great and although I'm not a relic fan, for some unaccountable reason that looks like a guitar with a really thin finish that's been biffed around a bit and done some motorway miles.  I really like it.

HNGD!
  • BigAmpsBigAmps Frets: 15
    Lovely!
  • bloodandtearsbloodandtears Frets: 1655
    TLDR..

Parcelfarce damaged another guitar??

;-)
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5471
    Charvel are on fire these last few years
  • ZappleZapple Frets: 83
    edited March 21
    That does look really good! How's the Pau Ferro board on it? I'm hoping they do a lacquer finished So-Cal at some point (like the Super Stock SC1 from a few years ago). 
  • strtdvstrtdv Frets: 2439
    Very cool guitar. There was an MIJ HSS limited edition Pro Mod with a quilted maple top they did in 2010 that I still regret not buying
    Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE TASTE KITTENS!
  • LewyLewy Frets: 4211
    Congrats! Big San Dimas fan here….since acquiring a couple I’d only pick up something else for very specific reasons (like needing 24 frets). 
  • racefaceec90racefaceec90 Frets: 996
    edited March 21
    i loves that, enjoy :-)
    i like cake :-) here's my youtube channel   https://www.youtube.com/user/racefaceec90 

• NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3395
    Love that. Happy ngd.

Charvel have nailed the superstat without the obvious 80s references with these...neon colours, pointy headstock etc.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • grappagreengrappagreen Frets: 1343
    Killer guitars - I'm a big fan.

Enjoy!!
  • noisepolluternoisepolluter Frets: 798
    Lewy said:
    Congrats! Big San Dimas fan here….since acquiring a couple I’d only pick up something else for very specific reasons (like needing 24 frets). 
    I’ve toyed with the idea of getting a Wilkinson trem HSS DK24 to go with the San Dimas - particularly like the look of the red ash one. 
    Lewy said:
    I’ve toyed with the idea of getting a Wilkinson trem HSS DK24 to go with the San Dimas - particularly like the look of the red ash one. 
    They do look insanely good for the money. I think it's a Gotoh 510 trem on them rather than Wilkinson? Although apparently Wilkinson locking saddles fit on the Gotoh 510 which, assuming the nut is well cut and lubricated, could then get into Floyd-esque realms of abusability....

• SlopeSoarerSlopeSoarer Frets: 823
    MrTee said:
    Happy NGD to me, Charvel Pro mod San Dimas. 

Coming from an American Fender Strat and an Epiphone Les Paul Special this feels like I've been transported into space! The neck is fast, comfortable and facilitates the type of playing it feels like I've struggled to do previously. I even like the Floyd, it's my first FR guitar and was apprehensive but it really was simple to set up well. 

Yes the relic (and questionable wear pattern) is not to everyone's taste and I should just buy one and put my own wear and tear on it blah blah. I love it.

I never look at Charvel's but I do now  =) That looks ace, enjoy!
  • CrankyCranky Frets: 2630
    I love it.  Hngd.

Got me thinking about a hardtail version for myself.
  • RichACRichAC Frets: 744
    Lewy said:
    Lewy said:
    They do look insanely good for the money. I think it's a Gotoh 510 trem on them rather than Wilkinson? Although apparently Wilkinson locking saddles fit on the Gotoh 510 which, assuming the nut is well cut and lubricated, could then get into Floyd-esque realms of abusability....

The Charvel Prashant Aswani sig model has those locking saddles. 

edited March 21
    RichAC said:
    Lewy said:
    Lewy said:

The Charvel Prashant Aswani sig model has those locking saddles. 

Yep. That one does have the whole Wilkinson bridge. A locking bridge where you don’t have to cut the ball ends off is very appealing!