NGD Charvel Sam Dimas

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• RichACRichAC Frets: 744
    As a matter of fact, the Edge Pro on my Ibanez RG lets you open up the locking saddles wide enough to get the ball-end through from the top without snipping it. I’d had the guitar at least ten years before I realised that.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MrTeeMrTee Frets: 509
    Zapple said:
    That does look really good! How's the Pau Ferro board on it? I'm hoping they do a lacquer finished So-Cal at some point (like the Super Stock SC1 from a few years ago). 
    Do you know what, it's great! I'd have expected maybe flamed maple on this model but glad I gambled. I've had issues with really grey and streaky looking PF boards before, and while this is a decent example, I think a slightly worn look adds to the aesthetic of the guitar, wouldn't look the same with dark/ebony colour fretboard. 

This one has nitrocellulose finish which hopefully might wear a little more as well. 

Lots of good comments and feedback on this thread, I can see why it's such a well liked model, just disappointed I've not given one a chance until now! Highly recommended 
  • BodBod Frets: 1301
    edited March 21
    Nice.  I fell in love with the Henrik Danhage so-cal sig after I saw Ola Englund playing one - I love the reverse headstock and simple control layout.
  • RichACRichAC Frets: 744
    edited March 21
    I feel like relicing of this sort is less about realistic damage and more about a particular look - it reminds me of ripped jeans which don’t really look realistic - but don’t have to.

The Henrik Dahnage is a prime example. It looks cool, but not realistic, but I don’t think it’s meant to.
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7143
    If these had a maple fretboard option then my wallet would be trembling. Though I can take or leave the relic look, the rest of the specs are very nice. I already have a SoCal and that guitar is a great playing and sounding instrument. As mine is Slime Green it suggests I can live with most finishes.

Win a Cort G250 SE Guitar in our Guitar Bomb Free UK Giveaway 

• OffsetOffset Frets: 11705
    Lewy said:

They do look insanely good for the money.

Most definitely.  Especially when you compare it to some of Epiphone's insane prices.
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24279
    That’s lovely.

I must be the only person on earth who doesn’t like their neck profile. It’s really annoying because I like the rest.
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13941
    I've been looking at these, they do look cool. I would miss a tone control too much though

• NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3395
    edited April 5
    So I bought a 2nd hand Pro mod san dimas hss ht this week. Gave it a good set up, polished the frets, oiled the fretboard, adjusted neck relief, action and intonation to manufacturer specs.

Seymour Duncans, ebony board, compound radius, lovely feel on the unfinished neck, Fender headstock, locking tuners. What's not to like? Its great fun.

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom