I’ve never played a PRS !! What am I missing ??

What's Hot
12346»

Comments

• AirmilesAirmiles Frets: 41
    Musicwolf said:

My only negative with the piezo version is that the fancy binding makes it hard for me to see the fret markers on stage without reading glasses.

To see the fret markers on mine without reading glasses I'd need 8 foot long arms, not a different binding  ,
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4437
    Rowby1 said:
    @thomasross20 twas I that made that comment. My experience was trying a load of the expensive ones out at Musicstreet just pre Covid. They were lovely looking, flawlessly finished and perfectly set up but didn’t make me want to keep playing. I picked an Eastman T486 off the wall and it had exactly what the PRSs I tried were lacking. Bought the Eastman, twice the guitar 1/3rd the price. 

Last year got persuaded to play at an open mic/jam on a borrowed guitar, and S2 I think is the model. It was really impressive! Really lively and resonant and inspiring to play….. hence my comment. 

I dare say some of the more expensive ones are also great guitars but none of the half dozen or so I tried that day in Musicstreet were a patch on the borrowed jam S2. 
    Fair play! Tbh I guess it's down to the guitar. I'm not keen on any of those with gloss neck. It's all good. If you're ever up around Edinburgh ping me and come try mine :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom