Be careful - Birds Eye Fish Fingers....

What's Hot

Comments

• ShrewsShrews Frets: 3056
    Soylent Green will soon be with us if resources are so depleted we have to eat this shit.

I actually fancied some fish fingers the other day, but this has put me off. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18981
    BillDL said:
    Kentucky Fried Catfish.  All you would need then would be a pickup truck with oversized tyres, a case of Pabst Blue Ribbon beer, some shapely woman wearing cowgirl boots and Confederate flag bikinis, and a Telecaster.
    There's a downside?
  • KurtisKurtis Frets: 742
    BillDL said:
    Kentucky Fried Catfish.  All you would need then would be a pickup truck with oversized tyres, a case of Pabst Blue Ribbon beer, some shapely woman wearing cowgirl boots and Confederate flag bikinis, and a Telecaster.
    There's a downside?
    The shapely woman is your cousin. 
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 11992
    Kurtis said:
    BillDL said:
    There's a downside?
    The shapely woman is your cousin mother.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18981
    Kurtis said:
    BillDL said:
    There's a downside?
    Well yee-har! Does she have a sister? 
  • elstoofelstoof Frets: 2520
    Cousin/mother
  • Benm39Benm39 Frets: 718
    Kurtis said:
    BillDL said:
    There's a downside?
    Well yee-har! Does she have a sister? 
    Yes,  her daughter. 
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24625
    Shrews said:
    Soylent Green will soon be with us if resources are so depleted we have to eat this shit.

I actually fancied some fish fingers the other day, but this has put me off. 
    https://soylent.com/

• PLOPPLOP Frets: 293
    goldtop said:
    In other news, honey is bee vomit.
    Wait til he finds out what an egg is…
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • lustycourtierlustycourtier Frets: 3349
    Put it between a couple of slices of bread with some Daddies brown sauce and you'll never notice any difference - But probably my fav quick snack
    Whats quick about cooking something for 20 mins?
    Straight from the freezer, refreshing on a hot summers day
  • tekbowtekbow Frets: 1699
    Isn't monkfish a dirty bottom feeder? A friend who's dad was a fisherman told me that's what went into fish bites and fingers years ago before it became fashionable and in demand.
    Not much different to dumping manure on the vegetable patch is it really?
  • TimcitoTimcito Frets: 802
    Whatever fish is in them, fish fingers seem like a pretty highly processed food. Probably best avoided.
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13958
    Pollack...
    Are you talking Pollocks?

• BillDLBillDL Frets: 7389
    Watch out Rick Stein, there's some people on here that could run rings around you with their knowledge of fish as a food.
  • DannyPDannyP Frets: 1682
    Basa is 'orrible though. It has that geosmin taste  :s
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16152
    Put it between a couple of slices of bread with some Daddies brown sauce and you'll never notice any difference - But probably my fav quick snack
    Whats quick about cooking something for 20 mins?
    I think Mc Donalds turn around their grotesque version of this in 5 mins .......Filet o' Fish ......Heaven only knows what goes into that 
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16152
    tekbow said:
    Isn't monkfish a dirty bottom feeder? A friend who's dad was a fisherman told me that's what went into fish bites and fingers years ago before it became fashionable and in demand.
    Well, it was used as 'Scampi ' in the 1970s /80s together with Thornback Ray 
    Just because it's a bottom feeder doesn't make it bad .....most flatties are bottom dwellers ....
    Brill ,Plaice, Lemon and Dover Sole ,Dabs,Halibut, etc......you won't find fish that expensive in Fish Fingers 
  • skullfunkerryskullfunkerry Frets: 4205
    Dominic said:
    tekbow said:
    Well, it was used as 'Scampi ' in the 1970s /80s together with Thornback Ray 
    Just because it's a bottom feeder doesn't make it bad .....most flatties are bottom dwellers ....
    Brill ,Plaice, Lemon and Dover Sole ,Dabs,Halibut, etc......you won't find fish that expensive in Fish Fingers 
    Didn't lobster used to be classed as a cheap food too, and given to the peasants?
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)