Comments

• elstoofelstoof Frets: 2498
    I dig it, why not. I’m sure the people who complain about Gibson doing nothing original, just more and more sunburst replicas will finally be happy 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14294
    tFB Trader
    elstoof said:
    I dig it, why not. I’m sure the people who complain about Gibson doing nothing original, just more and more sunburst replicas will finally be happy 
    There is that side to it but this looks like Kermit the frog has just been flattened by an artic and all his inners splattered onto your guitar

Gibson Artisan Collection
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • elstoofelstoof Frets: 2498
    Needs a splash of red to finish the look
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • joeWjoeW Frets: 463
    Its good to see something different- personally that green one isn't doing much for my but the blue Flying V is pretty cool.  I suspect they are mad expensive and will hardly be played - which is a pity for any musical instrument. 
    For aesthetic appreciation I love the look of Jersey Girl guitars out of Japan. 
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4842
    edited March 26
    They're not my thing, it's like the weird Fender Custom Shop stuff really, more a demonstration of what they can do than anything else. The ultimate extension of guitars as collectors items, and show pieces. 

Good to see them do something different, and infinitely less boring than here's another tarts handbag wood library, with more flame than a napalm explosion and more gold hardware than the sovereign wearing ape down the workies. Not that I'm the target market for either like.

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.

• guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4141
    That LP thumbnail looks like a Petri dish that's been left too long. It does look slightly better here, but still fugly:

• willowillo Frets: 383
    Inspired by the carpet of your local Wetherspoond?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Fiddlesticks_Fiddlesticks_ Frets: 273
    Bin
  • freakboy1610freakboy1610 Frets: 1210
    That bottom one looks mouldy  :s
    Link to my trading feedback
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3331
    edited March 26
    I really like the yellow explorer. Wouldn’t buy it though. 
  • icu81b4icu81b4 Frets: 368
    I like the Mesa amp. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    icu81b4 said:
    I like the Mesa amp. 
    Agree - I could live with that - But that just reminds me, didn't Boogie and PRS offer matching finishes for a while on some form of exotic exclusive basis 
  • AK99AK99 Frets: 1586
    edited March 26
    That LP thumbnail looks like a Petri dish that's been left too long. It does look slightly better here, but still fugly:

I'm told (something not widely published) but that is in fact actually one of those Magic Eye 2D/3D patterns  ;)
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14465
    The patchwork Explorer is very HarrySeven. :grin: 
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27113
    I’ve given it a Wow but I want it on record that it’s not a good Wow.. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    not sure I'm happy about a 'mediocre' wow sitting on my stats !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18827
    not sure I'm happy about a 'mediocre' wow sitting on my stats !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Yeah, that one really sticks out like a sore thumb...
  • AlexOAlexO Frets: 1097
    The Explorer is very cool. There is a big trend within Americana styles of music for those patterns within clothing. Someone one like Marcus King wouldn't look out of place with that guitar.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BillDLBillDL Frets: 7285
    I have no real opinion either way.  Some will like the brave move and some won't.  I can see the reason why people might choose them for something quite different, but none of the designs really appeals to my own aesthetic tastes.  I have to wonder about the green one with yellow and black swirls.  If they have decided to continue the pattern on the fretboard as depicted, then that spoils the whole thing.  It would be fine with the design on the body, back of neck and headstock, but on the fretboard, pickup covers, stop bar and tuner buttons?  That's a No from me.  How would they do that on the fretboard anyway?  Inlays or graphic decals lacquered over?  This isn't 1st April yet.  It looks to me as though somebody has just overlayed the whole pattern on a photo of a guitar to show the concept, but didn't think to exclude some of the areas of the image.
  • pluckbuddypluckbuddy Frets: 278

A petri dish left in the Murphy lab?

Looks like frog spawn. Probably a richlite board too. Not for me. I prefer P90s anyway.