Advice please - (another) what guitar?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• TanninTannin Frets: 5508
    edited March 30
    ^ Nonsense. Stop hyperventilating.

As I said in my original post, that sort of thing went out in the 1990s, and (as intimated in that same post) time is likely to be the issue rather than money.  No matter the reason, it's unprofessional - and lest you missed the point I made earlier - if you have work coming out of your ears then why would you take time away from your core activity to attend to something which will only bring in work you don't need and haven't got time to do? Nevertheless, it's not a good look.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • WarblingtonWarblington Frets: 111
    Tannin said:

As I said in my original post, that sort of thing went out in the 1990s, and (as intimated in that same post) time is likely to be the issue rather than money.  No matter the reason, it's unprofessional - and lest you missed the point I made earlier - if you have work coming out of your ears then why would you take time away from your core activity to attend to something which will only bring in work you don't need and haven't got time to do? Nevertheless, it's not a good look.
    I’m not hyperventilating thank you. I’m telling you not to cast aspersions about somebody’s financial circumstances.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • droflufdrofluf Frets: 3731
    I think someone needs to get a sense of perspective. I took @Tannin’s comment as an off the cuff remark about the website rather than a forensic analysis of the luthier’s finances. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • WarblingtonWarblington Frets: 111
    drofluf said:
    I think someone needs to get a sense of perspective. I took @Tannin’s comment as an off the cuff remark about the website rather than a forensic analysis of the luthier’s finances. 
    I took it as a slur which is why I responded.
  • TanninTannin Frets: 5508
    No intent at all. If I am going to make a slur one day, trust me, there won't be any doubt about it! :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Tannin said:
    Donal McGreevy is very, very expensive. 
    But can't afford a working website. Hmmm ... And here I was thinking that "under construction" websites went out in 1993. 

Still, if you have more work than you can cope with, why waste time on advertising?RonanF said:
    Yes, I have experience of Ciaran McNally guitars, he is a personal friend and a very nice young man. They might be just what you need, a sort of mid Atlantic sound, less celtic than McIlroy or Lowden. You might also check out Domhnall O'Rainne in Galway, a similar builder, Donal McGreevy is very, very expensive. 
    Will have a look at O’Rainne. Thank you!

Do you know if Ciaran McNally sells anything directly from his workshop or is it all through dealers? He’s not a million miles from me.  
    I'm sure he will sell direct to you. He has a very well equipped modern workshop and is definitely worth a visit.
  • earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3497
    Tannin said:

The luthier who for many is seen to be the best in the UK, forget about having an out of date of website, he has absolutely no web presence at all!  The only way to get hold off him is getting his email address or phone number from someone who already knows him!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • droflufdrofluf Frets: 3731
    drofluf said:
    I took it as a slur which is why I responded.
    With the context you sent by PM I can see why you feel that way, but as Tannin has confirmed no slur was intended. 

Let’s move on from this and get back OT?
  • BigLicks67BigLicks67 Frets: 768
    You could have a look for a used Ralph Bown. There are plenty of clips of these on youtube & Clive Carroll uses one most of the time.
  • guitarjack66guitarjack66 Frets: 1885
    I had no ides MrMcGreevy read the forum!