Coffee people - Hasbean Ozone

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• RevolutionsRevolutions Frets: 189
    Great coffee, perfect brand for wannabe goths.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1474
    Offset said:
    I know everyone has different tastes - especially when it comes to coffee - but Rave were our suppliers for our pub business and I really didn't like it.  Then again, I like Starbucks - so what do I know?!
    I don't like all their offerings to be fair - but their roasts are consistent. 

Starbucks is awful though :D 
  • exocetexocet Frets: 1960
    joneve said:
    Offset said:
    I know everyone has different tastes - especially when it comes to coffee - but Rave were our suppliers for our pub business and I really didn't like it.  Then again, I like Starbucks - so what do I know?!
    I don't like all their offerings to be fair - but their roasts are consistent. 

Starbucks is awful though :D 
    I've been using Rave for a couple of years. I've liked most of their offerings when used with Aeropress. I started out with ground beans then moved to whole bean when I got a burr grinder. 
    Earlier this year went the whole hog and got an espresso machine. Since then I've struggled to get "great" results from any of the Rave whole beans. I generally go for medium / dark roast (Fudge #5, Espresso #4, Colombia El Carmen #50). I work to a 1:2 ratio but find that whilst I can get reasonable espresso for Americano - (best results by pushing extraction to beyond 30 seconds with 1:2.5 ratio), none of them produce an espresso that works very well with milk based drinks). I find the taste is unpleasant or is completely masked by the milk. 
    I'm still learning though!!
  • RevolutionsRevolutions Frets: 189
    Somewhat topical… 
  • Shark_EyesShark_Eyes Frets: 377
    I mostly get my coffee from Le Bihan (https://www.blowingdandelion.co.uk/le-bihan-coffee), as they're a short walk from me and I was friends with the owner. Their Columbian coffee is my classic 'good' coffee, nothing too fancy, not too basic and if you really fuck up the brew it's still a good tasting coffee. Their chocolate and cakes are exceptionally good too so maybe just throw some of that in too.

My decaf choice is Kofra coffee in Norwich (https://www.kofra.co.uk/coffee) it actually smells and tastes like coffee, and their Joy coffee has a real stonefruit taste to it which I personally love.